MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar) - Page 29 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > North America > MOKANAR

Old 11-06-12, 23:51   #281
noclue90

Great news! Plenty of time to ride since I'm quitting my job and letting you working people take care of me. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-12, 01:08   #282
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Typical American.

Old 11-07-12, 09:16   #283
Neanderthal

lol... I'm seriously wondering why I bother to vote for a President when the election is always over before they even start counting our votes - here in Missouri. Been that way ever since I could remember, the "electorial" system renders Missouri, and most of the Midwest, useless, as far as the Presidential race is concerned.

Old 11-07-12, 11:38   #284
OKStriple

I’m pretty much staying off public political discussion right now because I’m easily agitated and could break into a rant that could probably piss off someone else. I ‘unfriended’ 6 on Facebook last night and probably had as many do the same to me.
I Rode the bike to work today to put me in my happy place. I need to take the long way home….whatever that is.

All I care about is my Street Triple and like, maybe 3 or 4 people

Old 11-07-12, 12:38   #285
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStriple View Post
I’m pretty much staying off public political discussion right now because I’m easily agitated and could break into a rant that could probably piss off someone else. I ‘unfriended’ 6 on Facebook last night and probably had as many do the same to me.
I Rode the bike to work today to put me in my happy place. I need to take the long way home….whatever that is.
lol... No worries - political discussion is a lot like religious discussion.

Would like to ride more, but these 30° mornings are brutal.

Old 11-07-12, 15:45   #286
jdgun_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStriple View Post
This is happening all over the US, have had tons of people i know, say they unfriended people on FB... but were they really your friend in the 1st place? more like aquintances...

Old 11-07-12, 18:31   #287
OKStriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
This is happening all over the US, have had tons of people i know, say they unfriended people on FB... but were they really your friend in the 1st place? more like aquintances...
Yea most were people I didn't know and a couple were people that...well....I really don't need them in my life.

Old 11-07-12, 22:17   #288
JRage

page bookmarked. i bet that is a blast.

Old 11-08-12, 00:56   #289
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Facebook in general is just stupid, people add you just because to have more people on their list. I got rid of mine a few weeks ago and my life hasnt changed.

As for politics, well I had a semi job offer come up yesterday for Romania which I may take, we will see, depends on the amount they offer me to move half way around the world haha.

Old 11-08-12, 08:45   #290
OKStriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRage View Post
page bookmarked. i bet that is a blast.
Really the best part of the event is just riding the roads around there. There are some GREAT roads in the area and not a lot of law enforcement. I've never been to the Dragon, but some at the Rat Raid who had been to the Dragon claim the Ozarks are a better overall riding area.
Neanderthal knows the area inside and out because he seems to take every other day as a vacation day to ride down there.. The rest of us can find our way around there pretty well and know where the better places to ride are.

The Rat Raid has some group rides offered but after this past year, I would avoid those, unless you just want to go on one huge ride with a bunch of triumphs, then stop to wait on an ambulance for awhile. It didn't used to be that way but the event gets bigger and you start having occasional riders trying to follow Valentino Rossi and stuff happens.

You may want to ride with different people or groups different days. Also may want to buy a map or real GPS. A cell phone based GPS won't load up the maps in many locations there.

It's cool to hang out in the parking lot in the evenings and check out some of the other Triumphs there ( and a few other makes scattered throughout)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement