cruiser gets plowed by corvette at deals gap - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Off Topic > The Pit

The Pit Non work-safe, politics, religion. Read at your own risk

Old 10-21-12, 01:09   #11
GTbullet

Let me get this straight...someone was (or is) in icu because this dipshit wanted to look cool?? thats ****ed up! is there no cure for stupidity?

Last edited by GTbullet; 10-21-12 at 01:25.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-12, 01:17   #12
Chchadder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTbullet View Post
Let me get this straight...someone is was (or is) in icu because this dipshit wanted to look cool?? thats ****ed up! is there no cure for stupidity?
Pretty much. And for the second time from the same road in two years.
This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat. ~Hunter S. Thompson

Old 10-21-12, 06:22   #13
louie3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy901 View Post
After effect, not my words, posted from Supermotojunkie.com...............a cruiser crossed the yellow and nailed a corvette dropping fluids everywhere. Jeff hit them and crashed. from what I've read he's in pretty bad shape. read more here.

Not quite the Deal's Gap GP..... - 13x Forums

"That is deals gap and because of that wreck a great friend.of mine jeff duckworth is in icu. The fluids from that wreck caused him to lowside and go off side.of mountain. Jeff broke his neck, back, lacerated liver, failed kidneys, knocked 4 teeth out and sliced his lip. He has major skull factures. He will have.reconstruction surgery later."

be safe guys.
Damn wtf. That sucks big time. That's one of those unknown variables I hate to think about when I used to ride the mountains. Oil and other junk on the road that you just don't know about. I think it really held me back from opening up the throttle like some of the other guys I rode with did.

Now I'm on the track, and haven't looked back.

Best wishes to both these riders.

Old 10-21-12, 10:09   #14
MadMel

He waved with his outside hand, so it's a bit weird that he ran wide. Turning would have been a push with the hand still on the bars. But maybe turning a pig like that takes two arms worth of torque.

Old 10-21-12, 10:29   #15
whirlybird

You can tell by looking at the pics that he fixated on the car and stood the bike up. He would have been fine if he looked through the turn and kept the lean.

Old 10-22-12, 13:08   #16
kungwildstyle

Well...that looked painful

Old 11-04-12, 15:05   #17
Logans08Daytona675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chchadder View Post
It had to be done...

So it turns out that the guy who crashed afterward and broke his neck, back, etc... crashed there last year as well when his rear wheel broke loose and he crashed into a parked car. Had to be life-flighted out then too. I had to read through the thread to make sure his buddy wasn't just misremembering accidents or something, but I guess he wasn't because:

#1 "That is deals gap and because of that wreck a great friend.of mine jeff duckworth is in icu. The fluids from that wreck caused him to lowside and go off side.of mountain. Jeff broke his neck, back, lacerated liver, failed kidneys, knocked 4 teeth out and sliced his lip. He has major skull factures. He will have.reconstruction surgery later."

#2 "Damn.

Same fella as [ame="http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296724"]here[/ame]?

Did he crash twice there in two years?"

#1 "Ya that was on a motard."

I do hope he's ok and don't want to put any bad karma out there, but who wants to lay down odds that he will be back there next year and try to beat the Dragon again?

Glad to see this guy is alive and hope for fast recovery but major fail on his part to not paying attention. Its really sad

Old 11-04-12, 15:31   #18
dabird

Send a message via Yahoo to dabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird View Post
You can tell by looking at the pics that he fixated on the car and stood the bike up. He would have been fine if he looked through the turn and kept the lean.
That's what I'm seeing. He's in a good lean, looked to the left at the vet, and the bike became more upright the further he went across the line. Upon impact, the bike was completly verticle, and traveling in a straight line. One of the first things I learned when I started riding in 1959. The bike tends to go where you are looking. If it appears that you are going to hit an object, don't look at the object. Instead, focus on where you want the bike to go to avoid hitting the object.

Old 11-05-12, 01:47   #19
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird View Post
He probably thinks he is a good rider based on years riding not on actual skill level, took the corner to hot for him to handle, freaked out and looked at the car saying something like OH SHIT and badabing badaboom.

Now he owns a sweet vette, if viewed from the passenger side.

Old 11-06-12, 02:49   #20
Geof3

Stupid is as stupid does. Hope the dude is ok, but jeez...

I keep things pretty cool on the streets here. Lots of our canyons are notorious for gravel... and, there are lots of rock walls to hit...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement