crash report- low slide - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 11-05-12, 19:11   #11
Tbone675

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStriple View Post
Things I learned from your post:
2) Street Triples will fit in a Fourrunner.
only if you snap the the forks off...lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-12, 19:49   #12
barnabaas

damn! glad your ok and you had all your gear on!

keep us posted as to what happens.

Old 11-05-12, 22:14   #13
ANZAC

Thanks for the report - welcome to the group, glad you are okay and God was your co-pilot that day

I watch those Mickymouse videos from LA too and the majority of riders that go down up there have great gear. Others get torn to pieces and have their flip flops flying all over the place.

Old 11-06-12, 00:48   #14
Csorin

Dude, glad you are okay. Not being hurt while the bike's front wheel removes itself is remarkable.

Let me preface this with the fact that I am in no way an expert level rider. I only just finished my second track day riding school with Ridesmart. Great organization, super cool instructors in the best learning environment: the track. Take this as you will.

From the photos, you look crossed up. Your head is right of the center line axis of the bike during your left turn. In other words, rather than your head being way out and down near your left mirror, it is above the tank.

Since you haven't help change the bike's center of gravity, you needed more lean angle to make the turn which resulted in you overwhelming the tires. With the correct body position, you can take turns at the same speed but use less lean angle because you change the bike's center of gravity.

I dunno. Something to think about. If you're trying to drag knee and get crazy on public roads, take a track day class. Something with instruction. It will make you better and safer on the roads, and it's also FUN AS SH*T! I thought I could ride at a decent clip, went to the track, and realized I knew nothing about truly controlling my bike through a corner. Eye opener.

Once you're able to identify what crossed up looks like, watch all those rnickymouse YouTube vids. Almost every guy that lowsides is crossed up.

Old 11-06-12, 01:50   #15
Polystigma

This is what happens when you don't ride like a pussy. Crashes happen when you are pushing it. That is where quality gear comes in to save your skin. Glad you were not hurt.
What's the plan for the bike?

Could you imagine highsiding at that speed. Sends chills down my spine.

Old 11-06-12, 09:22   #16
415TRIUMPH

thanks for posting and glad your faired pretty well, can't say much for the Streety though, get back on two wheels soon

Old 11-06-12, 10:08   #17
Smoke

Smart guys gear up to ride another day

Perhaps it was your reaction to the scraping peg which unsettled the bike, it usually does, if you're not aware you're reaching the maximum lean angle.

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Old 11-06-12, 10:18   #18
eflo

Thanks everyone, I would never ride out on the canyons without full gear, just took it a little past my skill level. plus I did not have much experience on the STR I guess I thought I knew how it would handle.

A tow truck took it to the triumph dealer last night, got quite a few comments about the wheel coming off, pretty much everyone was amazed I wasnt in the hospital.

I plan to take the pay off from insurance if its totaled, ill be back on two wheels within a few years

Old 11-06-12, 10:20   #19
eldridge216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearo View Post
Could you imagine highsiding at that speed. Sends chills down my spine.
it's suck, i can tell ya lol

pin to win

Old 11-09-12, 16:54   #20
neyzen

phewww you came out of that quite lucky! don't bother playing the lotto for a while, OK, you've likely used up all your luck :) it really is heartbreaking to see the street triple mangled up like that.

i reckon our love of motorcycles is tested in these situations.. do you quit riding forever, or do you yearn to get back on two wheels? hard to know until you've been in this unfortunate situation!

good luck man.. all the best

Sponsored Links
Advertisement