Ridesmart at MSRC 11/3 and 11/4 in North Texas - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Track Days

Track Days Track days and other non-racing related track events

Old 11-04-12, 23:14   #11
Forcereal

Probably heading out to the 1.3 on the 18th. Gotta test my new generator and tire warmers.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
08 D675 CMRA Novice #756
98 M3- daily/auto-x
07 D-Max 2500- recovery vehicle, bike hauler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-12, 12:22   #12
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave73 View Post
I had a good time out there Saturday...weather was great (hotter than I expected!), track came in good, and the bike worked well. I was defiantly a bit off my normal pace though...as if my comfort zone was put in check.
I had a blast on the 1.7. Made up some more time, inching closer to my 1:35 goal (ran a 1:39).
1.3 on Sunday was good, but I now realize that stepping down to a 250 from a D is...hard.

Old 11-05-12, 13:38   #13
Csorin

This was only my second track day and holy hell, what an awesome time. The 1.3 this weekend was an absolute blast. Ridesmart, many thanks again for an awesome time. I wasn't feeling it in the morning, but once Danny got me into a much better place as far as body position, the track all of a sudden opened up.

The carousel was awesome, the hairpin always a challenge, and that damn turn 6 got my butt puckering the entire day. I think we had two wrecks there?

Thanks again to Danny for truly getting my position improved. I'm finally leaning off the bike and my head is where it should be. Phenomenal difference. I'll try to swing it again in two weeks. You guys rock.

I'll try posting up some photos when the photographer gets them in order on his site. Should be up by Tuesday.

Old 11-05-12, 14:09   #14
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csorin View Post
This was only my second track day and holy hell, what an awesome time. The 1.3 this weekend was an absolute blast. Ridesmart, many thanks again for an awesome time. I wasn't feeling it in the morning, but once Danny got me into a much better place as far as body position, the track all of a sudden opened up.

The carousel was awesome, the hairpin always a challenge, and that damn turn 6 got my butt puckering the entire day. I think we had two wrecks there?

Thanks again to Danny for truly getting my position improved. I'm finally leaning off the bike and my head is where it should be. Phenomenal difference. I'll try to swing it again in two weeks. You guys rock.

I'll try posting up some photos when the photographer gets them in order on his site. Should be up by Tuesday.
Were you in lvl1 or 2? I was in 2, and 2nd session of the day I ended up parking in the grass in t6 (leading to main straight) and then in the t3 (hairpin).

Old 11-06-12, 01:13   #15
Csorin

I was in level 1. I'm thinking turn six was the one where the turn-in marker was in the middle between two seams. On top if the hill after the carousel.

It was a fairly awkward corner. We had a guy go off and lowside in the dirt second to last session. It's a tough corner to get right and not end up wide on the exit.

Old 11-06-12, 01:22   #16
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csorin View Post
I was in level 1. I'm thinking turn six was the one where the turn-in marker was in the middle between two seams. On top if the hill after the carousel.

It was a fairly awkward corner. We had a guy go off and lowside in the dirt second to last session. It's a tough corner to get right and not end up wide on the exit.
That's the one. There are a couple lines through that corner:
- Late turn in from the outside of the track, you get to cross all seams
- Midtrack turn in, you kind of ride between seams until you get to apex

I tried a 3rd variation and ended up in grass. But no big deal, kept it up, rode off to tell Dave "yes, I'll slow down".

t6, however, isn't as bad as t3, the hairpin. That one has 1 slow correct line through it and many slower incorrect lines through it. The best line is probably less than a foot wide right at the late apex. Anything outside of that is offcamber and very rough. Trying to recover that corner can be very tricky. It's kind of like t7 at ECR...you either just slow down and carefully recover or try to recover aggressively and crash.

Old 11-09-12, 14:11   #17
Csorin

Some pics from Sunday 1.3. Had an absolute blast. Thanks Danny for the top notch instruction.

Danny following:

Had a blast 'racing' these guys in the 2nd to last session. I could hear them nipping at my heals the entire time. Was awesome.

And then a position shot:

Vast improvement from my first trackday at ECR in September. I can't wait to get back out there. H

Old 11-09-12, 16:06   #18
Red October

Looking very good there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement