Arrow 3-1 exhaust - regular or premium gas? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 11-04-12, 18:32   #1
Nimbus

Default Arrow 3-1 exhaust - regular or premium gas?

Stock STR only needs regular 87 octane gas. The Arrow 3-1 lowboy exhaust being for offroad/race applications with different ecu mapping, does it now require premium gas? I don't see anything mentioned in the Arrow instructions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-12, 18:37   #2
Noodles

Depends on which map you use. It's not about which exhaust you run, it's about the ignition changes in the map itself. All the available maps have a fuel requirement in the description.

Nuno!

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/Noodles_771/

Old 11-04-12, 18:41   #3
Orangeman
BOTM Winner

If a factory map, then no......

Old 11-05-12, 00:42   #4
MacBandit

It all depends on the quality of fuel on your bike's individual needs. You always want to run the lowest grade you can without combustion detonation. I've been able to run regular on my Street Triple with the Arrow 3n1, Daytona cams, Daytona full Arrow map. It runs great with regular fuel as long as it's not hot out then I need to run plus or premium.

Old 11-05-12, 08:36   #5
Allworld

The owners manual call for 89 octane, so I use 89 octane.

Old 11-05-12, 19:12   #6
bira

As others have said, if you are not changing the ignition timing, changing the exhaust places no new requirements on your fuel. I tend to follow the idea MacBandit puts forth, running 87 during the winter and 89 during the summer here in Atlanta.

Old 11-09-12, 14:21   #7
RoxyStriple

With my bike I can only use 91 octane . If not the bike is a tad sluggish and the mpg is kinda sh!ty . And when I price it out and compare it to mileage it's pretty spot on relative . 87 octane the bike runs a little off and I get 105 miles for 3 gallons . 91 octane I get 130-140 and she's responsive . I run TORs and a sport map with California sh!t gas from all the additives .

Old 11-10-12, 00:53   #8
MacBandit

Every bike is different and fuel quality varies station to station and region to region so find what works. I can get 160miles before hitting reserve on regular pump gas with Daytona cams, full system, and map on my Street Triple so as they say your mileage may vary. Run what works. Pay attention to your bike and it will tell you.

Old 11-10-12, 16:49   #9
Superhawk

Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Every bike is different and fuel quality varies station to station and region to region so find what works. I can get 160miles before hitting reserve on regular pump gas with Daytona cams, full system, and map on my Street Triple so as they say your mileage may vary. Run what works. Pay attention to your bike and it will tell you.

Every and I mean every bike is different as much as they look the same. Start with 87... it's the same quality as 93, just different firing properties. Listen to your bike and "she will tell you", to quote our friend!

Old 11-22-12, 07:38   #10
slavei

if you have the triumph map from the dealer for that pipe there are fuel spec requirments listed with the map and the tech should be able to tell you which map/fuel requiremnent you have. mine uses 89, and thats what the owners manual calls for ,thats what i run.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement