Shift a little quicker.... - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Performance Mods

Old 11-05-12, 02:02   #1
ChickenStrips

Smile Shift a little quicker....

G'day all

Thanks to my girlfriend and her dad (they both race their utes), I've recently developed an addiction to the 1/4 Mile. Due to the lack of Trumpy dealers anywhere close to where I live, I've had a PCIII USB fitted to my 2008 D675 so I can get it dyno-tuned locally.

I'm sure by now you've guessed what this thread is about, I'm on the hunt for a suitable Quick Shifter to plug into my PCIII. Unfortunately Dynojet have told me they don't make a kit specifically for Daytona's

However, I hear that a rod kit for an R6 will fit, can anyone tell me for sure if that's true??

Or maybe you can suggest another Quick Shifter that will plug into my PCIII???

I've got my times down to consistent 11.6's, pretty stoked since my first few meets I ran 12.3 - 13's. Can't wait to get a quick shifter on and see how much more I can improve

If anyone has any handy hints or tips they use on the track I'd love to hear them, if you don't mind sharing

Cheers

Matty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	121031052807_img_1988.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	33894  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-12, 03:31   #2
Bhodi513

You may want to invest in some leather and body armor before spending money on a QS. I know that doesn't answer your QS question but it was my first thought after seeing the pic.

AB
1971 T120

Old 11-05-12, 03:41   #3
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

yeah no joke. I am surprised a strip allows you not to have proper gear on in the first place.

I find drag racing in all sense a waste of time, but if you enjoy it all the power to you, but definitely agree with the gear part.

For QS, not sure any will plug into the PC or not, but I know Bazzaz makes one for their stuff, so it is at least worth looking into.

Old 11-05-12, 03:54   #4
ChickenStrips

Don't have to wear full leathers until you race in Modified Bikes class. Rules are long clothes . I could go out in track pants and a jumper.... but that would be idiotic... I wear Kevlar jeans and a leather jacket on the street... why not on the track....

It's Dial in racing, bit more to it than who has the fastest machine. The missus won street class last year, she's slowest in her class...

Old 11-05-12, 04:43   #5
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

It is your body, I could careless how you treat it, just saying and your opinion on dragging is just that much like mine.

But for the QS part I would also look into the Triumph one that is offered and see if there is a way of hooking it up through that. In the end though you may just have to get a different type of box like Bazzaz or whom ever supports their own products since the plug and play did not start till the next gen sadly.

Old 11-05-12, 06:13   #6
!!675R!!

If your looking at draggin I would suggest this thread. I am pretty sure the OP can most deff help you out with any questions you have!

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/show...t=supercharged

Old 11-05-12, 07:23   #7
Godly

The OEM Triumph QS can be modified to work on the 06-08, there's a thread here on how to do it, i'd look into that.

Old 11-06-12, 03:58   #8
Ruby Racing
BOTM Winner

Get yourself a Translogic QS. I have one on my 2006 and it's a pretty simple install. It's not a one plug job like the later bikes, you have to get under the air box to fit in line connectors on the coil connectors. Translogic actually make the QS that are Triumph branded.

To read about the transformation click > Project Trixie Transformation

For comparison photo of old R/R with new improved R/R under recall of 2012 click > R/R Comparison Photos

Old 11-06-12, 11:30   #9
Skin_Graft

The linear style qs from power commander will work and allow you to use your current shift rod as it doesn't mount on the actual shift rod.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=21471

You can also us the standard in line quick shifter (pressure switch), but it will require you to do some measuring etc and ordering custom length shift rods.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=21468

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=21366

Hope this helps.

WERA #654
Hazardous Racing Apparel, Augusta Triumph/Ducati, Bridgestone Tires, Amsoil Lubricants, Pitbull, EBC

Old 11-06-12, 16:21   #10
Papachristou

nice tennis shoes. must save weight for those 1/4 mile runs.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement