No Used Market - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 10-25-12, 13:13   #21
Lucky 13

Ya, I spent a few months looking all over the country for a used ST3R. There weren't that many out there since people love them, and when they did pop up, they were gone very quickly (i.e., a couple days). You basically have to be ready to pounce with cash in hand and then hope you see the ad and get to the seller first.

Also, since demand is high, the difference between new & used prices was not as significant as it is with most other bikes. And if the bike wasn't local, once I factored in shipping or fly/ride costs, the numbers didn't make sense.

So...I just decided to buy a new one ;)

First brand new bike I've ever bought, I've always had good luck finding barely used ones for a good price. But the ST3R is worth every penny!

* Sidebar: There was one idiot right here in the Bay Area who had his completely stock 2012 ST3R with 5500mi up for sale for like 4 months, maybe longer. He started off asking $12000 for it. This for a bike with a new sticker price of $9500. I emailed with him a few times about it. Apparently he had bought the extended warranty (stupid) and some kind of tire warranty (unbelievably stupid), and also wanted to factor his sales tax into his asking price. It's still on CL for $10000 now, so he's still a little ways away from a price that a smart buyer would pay...but getting closer. Of course I dropped him a note to let him know I'd bought a brand new one instead for $11000, OTD :>

www.deadeyephoto.com

Last edited by Lucky 13; 10-25-12 at 15:48.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-12, 20:08   #22
tagraff

I have seen that ad too. He is never going to sell his bike even at 10K. Better off buying a new one near that price.

Old 10-25-12, 22:03   #23
pickandpray

searchtempest.com is your friend.

I found my striple over 500 miles away and would have ridden her home last year but couldn't swing it with the wife so I had it shipped. Good thing, I would have gotten caught in the frankenstorm that hit the east coast last year.

Almost exactly one year later, another frankenstorm is ready to strike.

Old 10-26-12, 03:10   #24
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagraff View Post
I have seen that ad too. He is never going to sell his bike even at 10K. Better off buying a new one near that price.
Yeah, that guy is just a bit detached from reality. Oh well, filed under: Not My Problem. Enjoy your new wheels - welcome to the club and maybe I'll see you around town or at Alice's one of these days!

www.deadeyephoto.com

Old 10-26-12, 17:13   #25
tm850r

Buy a new bike! I bought mine New. Waited for an orange one to come into the dealer in Daytona when I was living in Miami. Dealer called me and I rode up on my old Ninja 500 that afternoon. Rode back later after a weekend of riding. Almost 3 years later and 25k miles I could not have been more satisfied. This bike is worth every penny they are charging.

You should be able to get a deal on a new one right now with the next model coming out soon. I almost snagged a brand new ('08) Daytona for $7k in '09 when I bought my bike. Insurance was more on the Daytona and I enjoy the comfort of the Street so that's what I bought.

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com App

Tony - 2010 Street Triple R

Old 10-28-12, 11:08   #26
Black Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svrider View Post
I had an SV for 7 years before I got to buy my striple with the **** you divorce money.
I'm going to give next season a try to decide whether I'll ride again after the motorcycle accident that took my father's life Sunday.
If I can find no joy in riding again the bike looks to sell pretty quickly from what this post dictates.
"Tang" is a beauty but I might have fell out of love with the sport.
Thanks for all the kind words.
How do the SV and Triple compare?

Old 10-28-12, 13:18   #27
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rabbit View Post
How do the SV and Triple compare?
They don't very well. We have an SV650S in the garage as well. Great bike, but the 675 engine tromps it every which way, off the line, in the middle and top end. The Triumph seems to have a slight build quality advantage, as far as fit and finish. The Suzuki is pretty bullet-proof though, never have had 1 single issue, and there are dealers in just about any decent-sized town, and there is an enormous aftermarket support for the SV.

Old 10-28-12, 13:34   #28
takamine

My biggest advice would be to try and be patient. Although it's way easier said than done, waiting around for the right bike and right price will pay off. Especially with winter approaching...

Old 10-28-12, 13:39   #29
Black Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by takamine View Post
My biggest advice would be to try and be patient. Although it's way easier said than done, waiting around for the right bike and right price will pay off. Especially with winter approaching...
I hear you man, im itchin though lol. Im trying to hold out till January when the 2013 start arriving at dealers. Then hopefully I can get a good deal on a 2012.

Old 11-04-12, 10:23   #30
Chuckles_5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rabbit View Post
I hear you man, im itchin though lol. Im trying to hold out till January when the 2013 start arriving at dealers. Then hopefully I can get a good deal on a 2012.
This is EXACTLY what I'm trying to do as well. The local dealer has had an R in stock for a while, it hasn't moved yet and I'm hoping it will stay put. I'm not quite in a position to buy yet (still waiting on insurance pay out from my stolen SV)

I'm not sure how hard they will try to move it once the new model comes out, and I do hate not being able to ride while the weather is still great during the day, but if I'm a little lucky it'll be worth it.

Good luck with the waiting!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement