Ridesmart at MSRC 11/3 and 11/4 in North Texas - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Track Days

Track Days Track days and other non-racing related track events

Old 10-18-12, 22:11   #1
Dave73

Default Ridesmart at MSRC 11/3 and 11/4 in North Texas

RideSmart is returning to MSRC for the last time of the season.

Running the 1.7 on Saturday, and the 1.3 on Sunday.

The 1.7 is one of my favorite local tracks. Good flow with a combination of high speed and technical sections.

The 1.3 is tighter and technical...you are always in a turn on this track!

Ill be there Saturday for sure.

www.ridesmart.info

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-12, 22:23   #2
Csorin

I'll try to head out there. Really enjoyed the Ridesmart program at Eagles Canyon last month. What a blast.

Which course do you prefer? My friend at work who tracks his car has said that the 1.3 is like a roller coaster. That excites me as the elevation changes were my favorite part of Eagles Canyon.

From the track layout, it looks like the 1.7 is really fast straights, setup for a corner, and get a nice, smooth, long corner in. Rinse and repeat. Am I off on that assessment?

The 1.3 on the other hand looks like constant transitions. Good fun as well, though the 1.7 is starting to appeal as it seems like a better place to improve corner body position. Meh, either one's probably killer.

For reference, I've got a Street Triple. Not sure if that makes one track better than the other.

Old 10-21-12, 15:10   #3
Forcereal

Sigh picked a cr show over this. Could have only done Sunday anyway. Hitting Houston next weekend, and hopefully two more before its too cold :-(
Shawn
08 D675 CMRA Novice #756
98 M3- daily/auto-x
07 D-Max 2500- recovery vehicle, bike hauler

Old 10-21-12, 15:53   #4
Dave73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csorin View Post
I'll try to head out there. Really enjoyed the Ridesmart program at Eagles Canyon last month. What a blast.

Which course do you prefer? My friend at work who tracks his car has said that the 1.3 is like a roller coaster. That excites me as the elevation changes were my favorite part of Eagles Canyon.

From the track layout, it looks like the 1.7 is really fast straights, setup for a corner, and get a nice, smooth, long corner in. Rinse and repeat. Am I off on that assessment?

The 1.3 on the other hand looks like constant transitions. Good fun as well, though the 1.7 is starting to appeal as it seems like a better place to improve corner body position. Meh, either one's probably killer.

For reference, I've got a Street Triple. Not sure if that makes one track better than the other.
On the 1.3 you are constantly in a turn, and it can be quite a workout. It seems to be real popular with the mini and supermoto crowd. The 1.7 is a faster track, and is much better for getting used to fast turns than the 1.3.

Old 10-22-12, 13:17   #5
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csorin View Post

I love MSRC1.3. Probably more than I love 1.7, precisely due to the turns. It only has 6 turns but they are fun fun fun (except for t4...you have to hit it precisely or bad things may happen). 1.3 is a really nice workout with barely any time to relax and think about the lap ahead.
At the same time 1.7 has a wider variety of turns. You got lowspeed rattlesnake, super fast 100mph+ big bend, triple apex tombstone/horseshoe. Technical track as well.

Old 10-25-12, 11:12   #6
Dave73

Well said...do both

Old 10-26-12, 19:14   #7
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave73 View Post
Well said...do both
I'm trying to decide whether to bring 250 out of retirement for 1.3 or not.

Old 10-30-12, 23:48   #8
Csorin

Watched some track footage and signed up for the Sunday 1.3. Stoked.

Old 10-31-12, 09:27   #9
Dave73

Hopefully the weather cooperates...showing chance of rain on Sunday

Old 11-04-12, 09:11   #10
Dave73

I had a good time out there Saturday...weather was great (hotter than I expected!), track came in good, and the bike worked well. I was defiantly a bit off my normal pace though...as if my comfort zone was put in check.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement