MSRH - Ridesmart - 10/28/12 - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Track Days

Track Days Track days and other non-racing related track events

Old 10-31-12, 12:58   #11
Forcereal

The launch was a mental thing for me to for a while, still pretty slow but I've gotten in the habit of clicking from 4 into 2 right as I start that small up hill portion, the rear end gets some action it settles and I turn in.

My first ARC was at barber and I saw people doing all kinds of crazy things right before turn in so I figured if they can do it I can too so my slipper clutch gets put to work now.

Getting the rear to spin up right before turn in probably isn't the safest thing but it works for me :shrug; I only once got a little pucker because I came in too wide and too hot but didn't get any indications the bike was mad about it (as in trying to kick me off)
08 D675 CMRA Novice #756
98 M3- daily/auto-x
07 D-Max 2500- recovery vehicle, bike hauler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-12, 19:50   #12
Czero

So I got a few photos from hart photography. I definitely need to work on hp and getting used to leaning over more.

The corners I got e lowest on we're diamonds edge and sugar and spice. None of the pictures were from those corners though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	33830  

Old 11-02-12, 19:50   #13
Czero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czero View Post
So I got a few photos from hart photography. I definitely need to work on hp and getting used to leaning over more.

The corners I got e lowest on we're diamonds edge and sugar and spice. None of the pictures were from those corners though.
And another
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	33831  

Old 11-03-12, 21:35   #14
Red October

Here are couple of mine

Gutcheck or some other chicane at MSRH.

Diamonds edge I think. No idea why I'm not hanging off.

Carousel, my arch-nemesis :) Feels like you're doing a full lean at 100mph...and then you see the pix...

Old 11-04-12, 09:01   #15
Dave73

RS level 2 can be dangerous... There tends to be lots of ego. Guys who should be in level 1, but sign up for 2, and guys who should be in level 3 but don't because they want to be "the fast guy" Huge mix of speed in experience, but a great place to learn how to pass.

Don't let anyone tell you ya can't hang off on a Striple:

Old 11-04-12, 09:07   #16
Dave73

RideSmart is a good organization for the most part. You can't deny they get a lot of people to the track, and teach them a lot. There is certainly some value there. I have never ridden with TT because Im not a fan of TWS, and that is the only track near by they go to. I have been with LSTD once, and they are a top notch organization. Very well structured, organized, and run. I as running in their "A" group that day and could see a difference in the riders as well. The crazy fast guys were not just fast, but made clean passes without taking unnecessary risks. The guys I was with gave positive feedback about the instructors, but I have never had a class with them. I know with RS, if you take the class more than once you will see how repetitive it is.

Old 11-04-12, 09:10   #17
carnage.inc

I almost crashed because one of those guys that should have been in level one at barber. He passed me on his r1 and then got on the breaks way early as he moved in front of me. I was on the breaks so hard i started to endo.

Old 11-05-12, 11:16   #18
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnage.inc View Post
I almost crashed because one of those guys that should have been in level one at barber. He passed me on his r1 and then got on the breaks way early as he moved in front of me. I was on the breaks so hard i started to endo.
I think all track orgs suffer from the "ego" problem, the "I've ridden for 10 years on the street, I aint no beginner". And RS does pull people out of lvl2/lvl3 and drop them down if rider does not belong. It just takes a few sessions and complaints.

Never been to barber but times like that is when I break the "no inside pass" rules or just go outside, and generally in lvl2 simply hang back for a few turns to look at the rider infront style. I think we've all been bit by the liter dumbasses.

My only complaint with RS is their grid size. TT and LSTD run smaller grids and tend to have less problems, HOWEVER! Last time TT came to TWS and proudly proclaimed that "we didn't have any crashes during at our previous track day" they promptly ended up with a bunch. However, this may actually have more to do with (as expressed by some of the CMRA racers I've talked to) southern riders aggressive personalities. Apparently up north they are more polite even in advanced groups.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement