Mallala trackdays - Page 40 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Australia and Asia-Pacific AAP Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

post #391 of 517 Old 11-01-12, 05:41
old blue

Very quiet all over at the moment.

Low entries for race days, possibly similar for track days. In the pre-Christmas run-up, I feel many people are saving their cash and staying away from the track. More's the pity.

O.B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 517 Old 11-01-12, 08:00
Anon

Normally I'd be full of enthusiasm with equal measures of 'maybe depending on the weather'. For this track day championship round it's a bit of a bugger with family commitments this weekend and a birthday bash the next weekend. That leaves a Champions day at the end of the year that if going by last year, will be hopelessly oversubscribed. :(

Hey, I don't know what I'm doing! But at least I try to keep my lack of talent and out of other rider's way as much as possible. :)
post #393 of 517 Old 11-01-12, 08:22
old blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon View Post
Normally I'd be full of enthusiasm with equal measures of 'maybe depending on the weather'. For this track day championship round it's a bit of a bugger with family commitments this weekend and a birthday bash the next weekend. That leaves a Champions day at the end of the year that if going by last year, will be hopelessly oversubscribed. :(

Hey, I don't know what I'm doing! But at least I try to keep my lack of talent and out of other rider's way as much as possible. :)

I'll always try to be sure to keep my own lack of talent out there to help make up the numbers then!

O.B
post #394 of 517 Old 11-01-12, 09:01
gemm

Just thought I should stop lurking and say hi.:)
Can't make this track day (reocurring theme this year) but have probably said gday at Mallala in previous sessions.
I'm the biggest woman on the smallest bike (p5 100cc) usually- but just picked up a Street Triple R to replace my sadly departed SV which did get the occasional fang on the track. I'm sure the new bike will cut a few laps eventually...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #395 of 517 Old 11-02-12, 08:58
Davidr

Trailer's loaded so looks like I am committed.

Anyone wanting to share a shed give us a ring (or PM if you don't have my number).

See Cafe Racers' looking for another volunteer for the day - track day voucher on offer.

Was a 2008 Tornado Red D675 (got broken)
Now a red 2010 RSV4R (that used to be black)

post #396 of 517 Old 11-03-12, 05:55
Davidr

As always, a hoot.

Finally listened to all the good advice I have been receiving and got my suspension properly set up at the track today by Race Bike Services (at least I think that's what they are called).

Why didn't I do this sooner !!!
I had stagnated, with my best lap times staying pretty much the same for my last 2 or 3 track days.
I didn't time the first session after the suspension setup, but over the remaining 3 sessions:
- My average lap time improved by 1.7 sec/lap
- Smashed my previous best lap by 1.5 Seconds
- My "theoretical best" lap (pick of best sectors across all laps as measured by GPS) improved by 2.6 seconds and is now 2.5 seconds better than my best lap suggesting I have some improvement in me just through becoming more consistent.

Best thing is, I once again feel like I have much faster laps in me - just got to put it all together.
Prior today I felt like I had plateaued and track days were starting to become a bit "same same", but I am now fully motivated again.

Funny thing is I didn't think there was anything wrong with my suspension set up. Just goes to show once again, "we don't know what we don't know".

So if you haven't done it yet I suggest you read the above again.

post #397 of 517 Old 11-04-12, 05:39
robbo14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidr View Post
As always, a hoot.

Finally listened to all the good advice I have been receiving and got my suspension properly set up at the track today by Race Bike Services (at least I think that's what they are called).

Why didn't I do this sooner !!!
I had stagnated, with my best lap times staying pretty much the same for my last 2 or 3 track days.
I didn't time the first session after the suspension setup, but over the remaining 3 sessions:
- My average lap time improved by 1.7 sec/lap
- Smashed my previous best lap by 1.5 Seconds
- My "theoretical best" lap (pick of best sectors across all laps as measured by GPS) improved by 2.6 seconds and is now 2.5 seconds better than my best lap suggesting I have some improvement in me just through becoming more consistent.

Best thing is, I once again feel like I have much faster laps in me - just got to put it all together.
Prior today I felt like I had plateaued and track days were starting to become a bit "same same", but I am now fully motivated again.

Funny thing is I didn't think there was anything wrong with my suspension set up. Just goes to show once again, "we don't know what we don't know".

So if you haven't done it yet I suggest you read the above again.
What times are you running mate.

Just waiting for a Daytona I like to pop up on bike point then ill be there. will be track/road bike.
post #398 of 517 Old 11-04-12, 07:41
Davidr

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo14 View Post
What times are you running mate.
1:23s-1:24s (Nowhere near fast enough, but 7 odd seconds a lap faster than where I started)

post #399 of 517 Old 11-04-12, 15:39
old blue

Glad you had a good time, David. Wish I'd been there!

O.B
post #400 of 517 Old 11-05-12, 10:07
Rorz

Glad you finally bit the bullet David, suspension setup is massively important! Feels like you don't have to push as hard to run the same or faster laps, good stuff eh?

I was actually going to come out and volunteer as a marshall/whatever while the hand heals but they managed to get enough volunteers by the time I called. My cousin went out on the R6, said he had a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement