What did you do to your Street Triple today? - Page 278 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 11-03-12, 17:26   #2771
lola

Installing supersprox front sprox & Stealth Rear Sprox with Rk gold Chain. Also measuring my rider triangle on The Rizoma Trophy edition RearSets.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-12, 17:30   #2772
barnabaas

not so much of a 'doing' ...but I saw a guy in my parking garage acting all weird walking away from the direction of my bike, then i saw him turn around and head back towards it, he started checking it out, looking it all over with his phone out (maybe coincidence he was just texting) i dunno. I pretended not to notice and grabbed my car, waited in it watching him for a min and then went over to confront him. Told him it was my bike and asked him if i could help him with something. He said he was just checking it out, said he loved triumphs and he was new in the building. I said oh ok and got his name. He then walked away and went to the front of the parking garage and continued texting. Creeped me out so i went back a few min later and took my bike out for a bit....then i adjusted my throttle cable and gave her a wash.

Super creeped out, maybe it was all in my head but it was really weird. I don't have a disc lock or any lock on the bike as it's in a gated garage with a bunch of cameras and an attendant...but i'm thinking about heading out right now to get a disc lock that makes a bunch of noise whenever someones close to it.

OH, and when i came back to get my bike it wouldn't start....because the jackass must've sat on it and ran it through the gears, it was in 3rd!!!!

Old 11-03-12, 17:36   #2773
lola

Roadlok makes a lock for our bikes that look pretty trick. I think STG sells them.

Old 11-03-12, 17:39   #2774
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

@barnabaas, definitely get a disc lock/alarm and put it on your rear disk when it's in the parking garage. While this nut probably wasn't out to steal it, gated parking garages are a favorite of professional thieves. They pay the "guard" a finder's fee and he/she looks the other way while they ride right out the gate on your bike. Might as well make it more difficult for them and maybe they'll move on to an easier target.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Trinity's Build Thread

Old 11-03-12, 18:07   #2775
Tronix

There any place to put a chain on it?

Car: 2012 MazdaSpeed3 JBR TIP SRI | Damond OCC | COBB AP | Stage 1 S-OTS 93

Old 11-03-12, 20:27   #2776
Kiz

Got it back with Hyperpro titanium fork springs, valves, etc in the forks rebuilt to suit my weight for aggressive riding. I wasn't aware only one fork has a spring and the other the valves but now both forks have been drilled out and springs and valves are in both now. That matches the Hyperpro billet rear shock so all the suspension is 100% built/tuned for me now :D

SAI deleted and disabled with Driven Racing block-off plates.

6000km service done. Finally got rid of the running-in oil and onto Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic.

Dyno tuned to suit the SC Project slipons.

Speedo calibrated on the dyno too.

Throttle tamer should arrive on the next few days to try and stop the throttle closing every time I hit a bump on the highway.

Damn rain means I can't test it out until next weekend!

Now to start saving for the next batch of mods - quickshifter, rearsets, corbin/sargeant seat.

87.21rwhp with the only applicable mods being the slip-ons and SAI delete.

Last edited by Kiz; 11-03-12 at 20:50. Reason: Added Dyno Chart

Old 11-04-12, 01:01   #2777
one4ale

New tires! Pulled off the wheels and ran `em down to the dealer to have him mount a set of Dunlop Q2s.
I got almost 2800 miles from the Bridgestone S20s. Hmm, thought I would have gotten a few more miles out of the `Stones but oh well. Good tire none the less.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).jpg
Views:	77
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	33873  

Old 11-04-12, 01:41   #2778
barnabaas

@tronix. No not really. :/ I wish there was. I'd just get one of those heavy duty chains and throw it through the rear and subframe

@nasty why the rear tire vs the front tire? Harder to take off later? Would be less visible though right??

@lola thanks! I'll. Check that out

Been looking at those xena disc locks but reviews are pretty mixed. Might spring for a simple disc lock for thiefs, and cover to deter at least ppl sitting on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Old 11-04-12, 15:05   #2779
dlounge

Did roughly 500 miles round trip to go see Rush in Tampa

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-05-12, 00:43   #2780
MadMel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlounge View Post
Did roughly 500 miles round trip to go see Rush in Tampa

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Awesome! I saw them in Toronto three weeks ago. Between the end of the show and the encore, I noticed Neil crouched behind his drum kit in the dark... didn't think much of it, then a few seconds later this torpedoed down and smoked my girlfriend... I grabbed while she was still dazed. Best concert t-shirt ever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352094160119.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	33892  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement