Radiator fan - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Maintenance and repair > Repair/Troubleshooting

Old 11-03-12, 17:51   #1
Rink675

Default Radiator fan

I noticed while letting the bike run on the stand that the radiator fan isn't kicking in, anyone know which fuses to check or what the common things are to check for a problem like this.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-12, 18:57   #2
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

It's possible you didn't get hot enough. The fuse that operates that is 1, 2, or 5. I can't recall, but a lot of other things wouldn't be working too. What is the temp you have it set to come on at in TuneECU? Is it overheating on the stand, or you just don't let it get that far?

My Girl: http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76881

Old 11-03-12, 19:37   #3
aussieak

If you have TuneECU you can check fan operation in the test sections
  2. WHITE OGGY KNOBS
  3. TRIUMPTH FACTORY ALARM
  4. TWINLIGHT3-COX RAD GUARD
  5. WATSEN FLUSH MOUNT FLASHERS
  6. GEL SEAT
  7. SHAVED STD SEAT

Old 11-03-12, 20:00   #4
Rink675

This bike has the triumph race ecu so not sure whatever heat setting it's supposed to come on at. I checked the fuse and it I wasn't getting much of a reading on it so I bought a new fuse and replaced it, still the fan didn't kick on.

I disconnected the connector to the fan and checked the voltage there so it's not the fan itself from what I can tell. I only noticed it doing it on the stand, I am sure the air passing through the radiator helps just enough.

I have only had this bike for about 2 months now and the person I bought it from I am thinking that maybe he didn't flush and refill the system properly causing an air pocket in the cooling system so it's not getting to the thermostat?

You would think if the water wetter is getting hot enough to bubble up that the fan should be kicking in!

So can you use TuneECU or tuneboy whatever that stuff is with the triumph race ecu?

Old 11-03-12, 21:24   #5
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Yeah, it can be used with most every ECU as far as I know. I haven't had I bike that it wouldn't work with. Is your CE dummy light coming on?

Old 11-03-12, 22:22   #6
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldnthave View Post
Yeah, it can be used with most every ECU as far as I know. I haven't had I bike that it wouldn't work with. Is your CE dummy light coming on?

No check engine light isn't coming on. I popped the radiator cap and let it heat up, no air pockets the system is full.

Old 11-03-12, 22:28   #7
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Where is the bar on the thermostat? I have a feeling you are going to need to plug into the ECU for this one.

Old 11-04-12, 00:02   #8
Rink675

Quote:
Where is the bar on the thermostat? I have a feeling you are going to need to plug into the ECU for this one.

Figured it out, there was an air pocket in the system.....fan works now and I made sure it came on and off a couple times. The fan came on a little after it hit 6 bars.

I downloaded tune ecu but the OBDII cables I had lying around didn't seem compatible with the software, I couldn't get the tune ecu program to recognize either of my cables and it didn't have any problems installing the drivers.

Old 11-04-12, 00:22   #9
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Test your battery output is over 12.9v (I think that the magic number) if it is lower, you won't get a read. And your bike can't be running.

I'm glad you worked out the fan. I swear, 9 times out of 10 it's something so simple.

Old 11-04-12, 00:42   #10
Rink675

Quote:
Test your battery output is over 12.9v (I think that the magic number) if it is lower, you won't get a read. And your bike can't be running.

I'm glad you worked out the fan. I swear, 9 times out of 10 it's something so simple.

Yea I popped the cap on the radiator again and ran it a little longer, blipped the throttle a couple more times and I guess that did the trick! I am just glad it was something simple.

Alright I will check the battery output and see what I get, thanks for the help man!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement