Danmotos smells like food? - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 10-26-12, 18:43   #11
spike_africa

I have had them a good bit now. I daily ride and beat the shit out of mine. I hated the sound at first, but once I added their baffles and some sound deadening material I was good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-12, 22:43   #12
Superhawk

Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike_africa View Post
I have had them a good bit now. I daily ride and beat the shit out of mine. I hated the sound at first, but once I added their baffles and some sound deadening material I was good.
I too have the carbon fibre on my 2012 ST-R / Black and they look the sheet... but i orderd the baffles after nearly going deaf and then thought they were ok, but recently bought some stainless steel brillo and some stainless steel tie wraps and I'm going to deaden them a bit more. I think they are alright as they are, but where you sit on the bike is right in the sweet spot of the sounc. Lead forward and it's just right, but not a natural position without clip ons.

I'll repost on the results. Love those DM-GPS... all the look for 1/4 the cost. If they last a year, I've done well. :)

Old 10-27-12, 02:29   #13
Daytonadick675UK

I had the dan moto cans twin set up sounded nice no problems but they stuck out too far from the rear so decided to buy the TOR can and is the dogs under carriage bought the carbon end for it runs at 104 db and there's no off the shelf db killer (that I've found) done a 89db track day with it with a kinda bodged baffle from the dan moto cans

Old 11-03-12, 19:47   #14
Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhawk View Post
I too have the carbon fibre on my 2012 ST-R / Black and they look the sheet... but i orderd the baffles after nearly going deaf and then thought they were ok, but recently bought some stainless steel brillo and some stainless steel tie wraps and I'm going to deaden them a bit more. I think they are alright as they are, but where you sit on the bike is right in the sweet spot of the sounc. Lead forward and it's just right, but not a natural position without clip ons.

I'll repost on the results. Love those DM-GPS... all the look for 1/4 the cost. If they last a year, I've done well. :)
Ok... took the canisters off and the baffles out and took a stainless steel brillo and stuck the baffle right up through it. Then took 3 stainless steal tie straps from Lowes and bound it to the baffle and cut off the excess. It really made it a tight fit, so I doused it with WD40 and put it in. BAM Done.

Started it and wow... the sound is awesome... Muted but you can tell it's a pipe and alot less back firing. Took off for a ride and turned around and wow... looked like I was riding a 2 stroke for about 2 miles as the WD burned off. Talk about smell. When I got back to the house, I smelled my pipes and there was not any food smell, but it smell like something was on fire. :)

That of course was just WD 40. We'll see how long this stuff last, but I am sure my dog and my neighbors will like it better on Saturday mornings at 6 AM.

Old 11-03-12, 23:08   #15
astat4

That's weird. Mine don't smell like that lol. Besides one can looking brownish and the other steel color cause of the exhaust flow :p

Sent from my M660 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-04-12, 06:42   #16
tp555

WD does have fish oil as an ingredient. The Y split pipe favors the left can over the right one. Left is more inline and the right has a pronounced bend.

Old 11-05-12, 18:35   #17
spike_africa

You dont need the wire straps inside. I just stuffed mine with coarse steel wool and they sound 100% better muffled a bit more. I thought about looking for an aftermarket longer baffle from the cruiser crowd that fits, but the wool is working great.

Old 11-05-12, 19:15   #18
Tbone675

burning coolant?

Old 11-06-12, 21:26   #19
Superhawk

Default Straps

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike_africa View Post
You dont need the wire straps inside. I just stuffed mine with coarse steel wool and they sound 100% better muffled a bit more. I thought about looking for an aftermarket longer baffle from the cruiser crowd that fits, but the wool is working great.

yeah, I wasn't sure if stuffing the inside would be too dense, so I wrapped the outside. Next time I won't.

By they way; how long has the alluminum brillo lasted?

Old 11-06-12, 21:48   #20
jellies

Whens the last time you changed your oil? My cbr started smelling like marshmellows and that ended when I changed the oil.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement