Do 675R rotors fit 07 675? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Maintenance and repair

Maintenance and repair Problems, fixes, general maintenance talk

Old 11-02-12, 15:59   #1
stamford

Default Do 675R rotors fit 07 675?

Do stock 675R rotors fit 07 a stock 675 wheel/calipers?

THanks,
stephen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-12, 19:36   #2
Noodles

Rotors are the same all year 675 daytona/stripple models.

Nuno!

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/Noodles_771/

Old 11-02-12, 20:19   #3
stamford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post

Nuno!
How sure are you?Triumph part numbers are different but ebc rotors list 1 part numbr

Old 11-02-12, 21:22   #4
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post

Nuno!
The R has different calipers, and shocks. Though they have the same hole pattern on the wheel, is it the same rotor just one is black?

My Girl: http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76881

Old 11-03-12, 00:59   #5
MacBandit

Well lets go about this logically. Both have 308mm rotors and we know the wheels are the same other then the pin striping so that means the rotors have to be the same other then the paint.

Old 11-03-12, 01:28   #6
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Well lets go about this logically. Both have 308mm rotors and we know the wheels are the same other then the pin striping so that means the rotors have to be the same other then the paint.
I'm a logical guy, hell that is how I make a living. This all started as a trade with each other. The question was brought up if they would fit. I went to Bike bandit and loaded his bike as my "garage". I then picked out a well known aftermarket rotor and added it to my cart. Then I changed bikes to the 12-R and reloaded the page. Bike bandit said that the rotor I had chosen would not fit my bike. It is quite possible that the database is not complete, but I find Bike bandit to be on top of things like that.

All that said, I have dealt with this and the R quite a bit. Ordering parts that "don't fit" to later find that they do as I install them.

I asked him to measure the dish of the rotor. I think everything else will be the same. If the dish is right I'll ship, I would hate for both of us to lose shipping. I just wish someone had done this before.

Now that I think of it, if the database is off, I need to reverse the query! They may not know what fits the R in that model, but they will sure as hell know if the one for the R fits the 07. Haza!

This just might become the definitive thread. Thanks for making me think about it twice.

Old 11-03-12, 01:33   #7
MacBandit

BikeBandit is horrible. They use a proprietary part number system and frequently have different part numbers for identical parts just because it's a different bike it's on. They also frequently charge more then a local shop would. You can't however compare part numbers because the parts are different. They are different because one is painted a different color.

Even if the dish was different you could still use the rotors. You can get floating rotor bushings and just swap rotors.

Old 11-03-12, 01:35   #8
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

The part number would be the same for the same after market rotor. I'm not talking about OEM.

Yup! That database has no rotors for the 12-R. That could very well explain the problem. I will search other sites in the morning. I just need one model number that fits the 12 so I can search it the the 07 for definitive shipping proof. Good eye MB, good eye.

Old 11-03-12, 16:51   #9
MadMel

You're good to go. I have '07 rotors that I got from a member here on my '12 675R. The fit is perfect, they're just gold instead of black.

Old 11-03-12, 16:56   #10
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMel View Post
You're good to go. I have '07 rotors that I got from a member here on my '12 675R. The fit is perfect, they're just gold instead of black.
Awesome, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement