Stolen Daytona - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-03-12, 11:52   #1
flynavy90

Default Stolen Daytona

Well... never wanted to have to make this post. Unfortunately, my bike was stolen last night. 2008 Daytona, neon blue. Came home last night around 12, it was still in my apartment's parking lot. Walked out this morning around 10 to go ride. It was gone. Along with my friends who had his bike here. His was a 2007 CBR, grey. If anyone sees it on craigslist, for the love of god please tell me. I'll attach some pictures. It has tech spec grips on the tank, both sides and in the middle, watsen flush mounts, smoked integrated tail light. Some scratches on the right side right in the middle of the fairing in the 675 decal.

Not how i wanted to start my weekend. Pretty shitty feeling.

Last edited by flynavy90; 11-03-12 at 11:59.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-12, 12:03   #2
louie3

I would post this in the florida section.

That sucks to hear man. apartments and motorcycles are a terrible combination. I had my bike stolen from my old apartment. And everyone on my local forum that has a bike stolen, is always at an apartment.

Hope you get this resolved, is insurance going to cover it? I really hate hearing these threads because I know exactly what it feels like to come outside and have your bike not be there.

Guys, if you live in an apartment, DO NOT just park your bike outside! Get a storage unit, rent a garage, park it at your parents/girlfriends, wheel it inside your aprtment etc etc. Even if you get an alarm and security stuff, they can get you no problem.

"Life is all about maximizing experiences and minimizing regrets, and the last thing you want is to regret the experiences you didn't have." -MadMel

Old 11-03-12, 12:05   #3
Tucker2.0

Send a message via MSN to Tucker2.0

Agreed, downside to owning a bike is its way too easy to steal.

Old 11-03-12, 12:43   #4
Rink675

That really sucks dude, does your apartment have the enclosed half shelters for parking? I know it's a little late for this but I had my bike parked sideways against the wall and then pulled the car up to the bike.

The only way for a person to steal my bike from there was to break into two cars and move them. I will keep an eye out, I have seen a couple people catch those mother Fer's on the 600rr forums so it is possible to find your bike! Make sure your buddy posts his bike on their as well if he hasn't already! One advantage about having a Daytona is it's not like trying to find a needle in a haystack like if you had an R6 or a GSXR600.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 11-03-12, 12:44   #5
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Ugggh... I feel your pain. I have had a bike stolen for my apartment carport too. It was never recovered, and I didn't know what gap insurance was at the time. I paid for that bike for almost a year after it was gone.

The next bike I got, I put one of those NY bike chains on and disk locks front and back. It never happened again, but I did have some A-hole take all my fairings off one night! Imagine my horror to walk out to a naked bike late for work. I rented a garage that week, I didn't mind walking a block to it because to me it was worth it at that point.

Good luck in the search, I know how shitty you feel right now.

My Girl: http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76881

Old 11-03-12, 18:39   #6
flynavy90

There's been a string of motorcycle thefts in town lately according to the cops. The officer said there's been dozens of them lately and they're pretty sure its the same guys taking them all. None of them have been recovered so... not too hopeful. There are a couple other bikes in my complex that are still here. I went around and warned all the owners and the cops said they would have an officer here tonight in case they come back for the rest of the bikes. But beyond that, I have little hope of finding it.

Probably just gonna take the payment from insurance, pay off some debt and begin saving for another bike. I'll be posting up some of my gear for sale in the classifieds soon, I was considering selling some of it anyways and I could really use the money right now. I feel real bad for my buddy with the CBR, his insurance JUST expired last week and he hadn't renewed it yet cause he's been out of town for weeks and hasnt been riding.

Now to decide if I want another Triumph or something else. I'm kinda leaning towards either a Monster or an 848.

Old 11-03-12, 20:08   #7
slofolks

Hey Fly,

What city you in i'll keep an eye out around where i'm at.

Old 11-03-12, 20:36   #8
chillen675

I'll keep a look out to, im in the Brevard county area.

Old 11-03-12, 21:20   #9
Tucker2.0

Send a message via MSN to Tucker2.0

Damn is florida and california THAT bad for stolen bikes? Glad i live in a tiny neighborhood off a semi-rural road, and i tend to keep it locked in a shed if i know im not going to ride for the next couple of days, other than that it stays parked between my house and my cars.

Old 11-03-12, 21:30   #10
flynavy90

I'm in Gainesville. It sounded like these guys know what they're doing, so I doubt that they'll keep it here in the city. Hell, the bike is probably already parted out at some chop shop.

I don't think most of FL is that bad, but this being a college town there are a TON of sport bikes around. As a percentage it's probably no worse than anywhere else.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement