Tell me what you think! - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 Racing Forums > General Racing Discussions

General Racing Discussions Discussion area for any non 675 related racing (Moto GP, World Superbike, etc) & general race set up / questions.

Old 11-02-12, 04:55   #11
allaussiegrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink675 View Post
lol Pedrosa is done! He wiped out on the 2nd lap of the race in Australia and Lorenzo placed 2nd with Stoner in 1st.

Yea Marquez is good in the dry but get the track wet and he rides in the middle of the pack, if he goes any faster he wipes out. I highly doubt Honda will be too excited about him riding in the middle of the pack on a factory bike in GP when the track gets wet.

Crutchlow would have been a better move because I don't think Marquez is going to be much competition against Rossi and Lorenzo riding on Yamaha's, the weight is going to be on Pedrosa's shoulders to win races bottom line.

See how it goes next year but I think Honda made a big mistake bringing in Marquez to ride against so many seasoned GP riders on factory bikes. I bet Crutchlow and Dov eat Marquez alive!
I was there on Siberia and saw him go down. Bummer.

'11 675R
Werkes Slip On Pipe + STD Fender Elim + Intergrated Tailight - ZG Double Bubble DS - Dual HID Headlights and Angel Eyes with Coloured Headlight Housing - Red Seat Cowl - LED Strip Indicators - 1050 Throttle Tube -
Attack Reasrsets (Red Pegs) - Powdercoated wheels and Sidestand - GB protection Kit - CRG Levers folding - Saddlemen CF Track Seat - Watsens

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-12, 08:24   #12
Polystigma

I am not really a, Marquez fan, but I do admire his skill. His aggressive overtakes is what racing is all about. He is not sloppy, and holds his line pretty well.
MotoGP is kinda boring most of the time. If anyone shows any balls, they get penalized for it! Go watch WSBK, then come back to MotoGP. What a difference. At Phillip Island Biaggi ran off track and fell way behind. Then he put the hammer down. Fought all the way back to the front from who knows how far back and wins the race. Amazing to watch.

Marquez, belongs in WSBK with his riding style.

Old 11-03-12, 01:56   #13
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearo View Post
I am not really a, Marquez fan, but I do admire his skill. His aggressive overtakes is what racing is all about. He is not sloppy, and holds his line pretty well.
MotoGP is kinda boring most of the time. If anyone shows any balls, they get penalized for it! Go watch WSBK, then come back to MotoGP. What a difference. At Phillip Island Biaggi ran off track and fell way behind. Then he put the hammer down. Fought all the way back to the front from who knows how far back and wins the race. Amazing to watch.

Marquez, belongs in WSBK with his riding style.

I agree WSBK is a lot more interesting to watch....I actually prefer watching the Moto2 races over the GP races but there are riders in GP that I like to watch as well.

I also like watching BSB and AMA but I hate the Speed commentators for AMA.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 11-13-12, 19:25   #14
Rorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink675 View Post
Yea I watched that race, honestly most of that was just being in the right place at the right time. I don't want to sound like a Marquez hater but it's rare that even guys like Casey Stoner, Lorenzo, Pedrosa could pull something off like that lol.

Marquez is good, I don't expect much out of his 1st year but who really knows! I am more interested to see if Rossi can live up to his hype about going back to Yamaha "on a competitive bike".....It's interesting to see how well he did with the Ducati when it rained though lol.

You really think going from last to first is 'being at the right place at the right time? How is the back of the grid and the start of the race, the right place at the right time?? Kid has serious talent especially in a class with control engines. If it was any other class people would be sprouting that he has eleventy more horsepower than everyone else but because it's moto 2 they just have to accept he is a better rider.

Makes me laugh when Valentino refers to a bike Stoner put on the podium regularly in 2010 as an 'uncompetitive bike'. He also finished ahead of this uncompetitive bike by just 8 points in the championship despite being on his factory Yamaha at the time. At the end of 2010 he told us he was going to be riding the fastest bike on the grid and it would be interesting to see what it could do because Casey always holds back on it. It's now been 2 years since Ducati has won a race...

I'm afraid Valentino is done and so it Ducati with Dovi and Hayden riding. Be a two horse race between Jorge and Dani next year. I just hope Marquez can come to terms with the GP bike quickly and upset the apple cart. I hope he rides aggressive as **** too and upsets the whole paddock.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_GB#gid=0

Last edited by Rorz; 11-13-12 at 19:30.

Old 11-14-12, 03:22   #15
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
You really think going from last to first is 'being at the right place at the right time? How is the back of the grid and the start of the race, the right place at the right time?? Kid has serious talent especially in a class with control engines. If it was any other class people would be sprouting that he has eleventy more horsepower than everyone else but because it's moto 2 they just have to accept he is a better rider.

Makes me laugh when Valentino refers to a bike Stoner put on the podium regularly in 2010 as an 'uncompetitive bike'. He also finished ahead of this uncompetitive bike by just 8 points in the championship despite being on his factory Yamaha at the time. At the end of 2010 he told us he was going to be riding the fastest bike on the grid and it would be interesting to see what it could do because Casey always holds back on it. It's now been 2 years since Ducati has won a race...

I'm afraid Valentino is done and so it Ducati with Dovi and Hayden riding. Be a two horse race between Jorge and Dani next year. I just hope Marquez can come to terms with the GP bike quickly and upset the apple cart. I hope he rides aggressive as **** too and upsets the whole paddock.

Yea you are right dude I can't argue with that.....lol, Marquez chose the exact lines and the perfect time possible. I had to watch it again.

I thought that was interesting too with how well Stoner did on the Ducati, Hayden was holding his own in the first couple races of the season but just couldn't seal the deal.

I don't know if I am ready to say Rossi is done, however I don't see him placing on average any higher then 5th place. Lorenzo is nothing shy of pure consistency and speed, Pedrosa is nothing short of an amazing rider as well. I think Marquez will pick it up quickly, I think Marquez battling with Rossi would really kill Rossi's confidence in a heart beat if he can't stay ahead of Marquez.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement