Triumph 675 Forums banner

Mods to my bike, Trinity

30K views 76 replies 31 participants last post by  Nastybutler 
#1 · (Edited)
Sorry for the self indulgent thread. I'm mainly doing this because there's not enough room in the sig area to list everything, and I like to keep a running tally of what all has been changed.

Disclaimer: The mods in the list below are how the bike currently is; the pics might be from before some of these mods took place.

Protection mods: SW-Motech sliders; R&G front and rear axle spools; RhinoMoto bar end sliders; GB Racing engine case covers; EvoTech radiator cover; NJCustoms carbon fiber tank corner covers; carbon fiber gas cap cover; ImmortalGraphix.com Union Jack tank pad; HT Moto black molded diamond tank grips; Carbon4U.com shark fin; [strike]Stebel air horn custom mounted[/strike] (removed when the compressor died).

Performance mods: Daytona forks with Racetech .85kg springs; Brembo M4x32 monoblock brake calipers with EBC HH sintered pads; Brembo RC19 master cylinder; Core Moto separate brake lines in smoke with black banjo rings; [strike]ST3R rear shock with Racetech 9.4kg spring[/strike] (now for sale), Ohlins TTX D675R rear shock; Daytona cams; Scott steering damper; Dunlop Q3+ tires; 1050 throttle tube; Spider Peak grips; Triumph Quickshifter; CRM exhaust (cat removed); TuneECU map; Power Commander V w/ Auto Tune; Attack Performance rear sets (black); Sato shift spindle support brace; Alien Motion LiFe battery; Samco radiator hoses; Renthal 48T rear sprocket, Driven 16T front sprocket, DID EVO3 520 chain; Marchesini magnesium rear wheel; Galfer rear wave rotor; Lightech chain adjusters; Gilles titanium rear axle and axle nut; removed intake screen; removed SAI hardware and replaced with Driven block offs.

Cosmetic mods: Triumph color matched flyscreen and tail fairing infills; Rizoma "Action" front signals; CompWerkes smoked integrated tail light; Triumph tire hugger; Triumph black billet aluminum front and rear brake fluid reservoirs, gear actuator, oil cap and dipstick; Triumph carbon fiber front fender (thanks 4nm4n!); Carbon4U belly pan, swingarm covers, chain guard, flyscreen infill, small radiator cowls, rear seat cowl, sprocket cover (matte) and subframe under tray; removed front reflectors and evap canister system; D675 clutch lever bracket to replace stock one with mirror holder, black anodized bolts on engine and nuts on rear sprocket.

Functional mods: LED headlight assemblies installed in original round style bowls w/ bowls and rings powder coated satin black; [strike]Sargent seat[/strike] traded for a stock R seat; CRG Arrow bar end mirrors; Rizoma black MA005 handle bars; Heated grips.

Below are some pics of my bike, which I've named Trinity. I figure it fits the bike since like Carrie Anne Moss and the Matrix character it's beautiful in a dark, masculine, hard, angular way. Plus it fits since Trinity has the whole Triple thing going for it. I'm probably not the first one to come up with that name for one of these bikes, but since I haven't directly heard anyone else say it, I'll pretend it's the first. :D

Here's what she looked like with only the mirrors, tank pad, frame sliders, and some short lived rim stripes changed from stock:

And here's some more recent pics that are most likely broken thanks to Photobucket crapping the bed (use a Chrome add on to bring them back):

See less See more
#7 ·
I'm flattered, but you're new so you'll soon see many that are much nicer, ha ha; like the guy who posted below your post...

very nice. been thinking of having a 'personal thread' as well, just to keep track of things, some car forums do stuff like that - almost like a build thread. Easier to just constantly update that than create new topics everytime we do stuff. Wonder if that's frowned upon here or not??

regardless your bikes looking great man! ;)
Thanks! Like O&U said, there are quite a few others who have done it, so I didn't think it would be a faux pas. :noclue:

Nasty, the bike looks great!
What's the history behind your bike's name? I always curious why people have chosen certain name for their bike/car.
Is it a GPS mount on the forth picture?
Also, the scenery is freaking unreal! I think I know where I want to travel next.
Thank you! I'm just trying to keep pace with what you had done, but alas, I don't have the skills to remove my tank decals. :laugh:

I thought I'd touched on it in the OP, but I named my bike after Carrie Anne Moss's character in the movie The Matrix. The character's name was Trinity. Thought it was fitting in terms of looks, attitude and the "tri" connection.

That is a Nexus 7 tablet attached to the RAM mount on my triple tree's center nut. I use it to either run Google Navigator, or the Torque app which connects to my ECU via a bluetooth OBD2 dongle and can display all sorts of info on the screen, from throttle position and acceleration to lean angle, torque, horsepower, RPM's, intake air temp, oil temp, coolant temp, on and on.

The scenery is a perk, but it's offset by a short riding season, ha ha.

Almost all forums have it. You absolutely have to do for yours. So is Optima, Tronix, Orangeman and others. There are so many beautifully done bikes here and it gets lost in the "What did you do" thread. Those bikes are special and have to have their special place. Yes, please, show off! :bowdown: (sorry Nasty, I hope you are not mad for a quick hijack. Carry on:))
No worries. Hijack away. :hijacked:

#3 ·
very nice. been thinking of having a 'personal thread' as well, just to keep track of things, some car forums do stuff like that - almost like a build thread. Easier to just constantly update that than create new topics everytime we do stuff. Wonder if that's frowned upon here or not??

regardless your bikes looking great man! ;)

#5 ·
Almost all forums have it. You absolutely have to do for yours. So is Optima, Tronix, Orangeman and others. There are so many beautifully done bikes here and it gets lost in the "What did you do" thread. Those bikes are special and have to have their special place. Yes, please, show off! :bowdown: (sorry Nasty, I hope you are not mad for a quick hijack. Carry on:))

#4 ·
Nasty, the bike looks great!
What's the history behind your bike's name? I always curious why people have chosen certain name for their bike/car.
Is it a GPS mount on the forth picture?
Also, the scenery is freaking unreal! I think I know where I want to travel next.

#6 ·
Very nice, Nastybutler. You have great taste and have certainly inspired me with my recent purchase of my Striple and mods specifically. I might end up doing one of these mini build threads after I install some mods down the road. Cheers.

#9 ·
Beautiful bike, man. All of the mods flow nicely with eachother. And did you really get that custom license plate? :thumbup:

#11 ·
Beautiful bike, man. All of the mods flow nicely with eachother. And did you really get that custom license plate? :thumbup:
Thanks; and you bet your ass I did. :laugh: Although I get asked an awful lot what it means. :rolleyes: Even more often than about my last car's plate, which was TILT (and before you ask, it's a poker term).

#18 ·
Nice bike... idea?

I have the same color bike, 2012... really like yours and ours our VERY similar!

All said,,, try turning your bar end mirrors down instead of up if you want even a cleaner / lower look. You have to get used to them that way, but I noticed them turned 180 from up on a Tuono and really liked them...

Going to remove the rear pegs, but have been taking the daughter for alot of rides... she loves it. :)

If I do take them off I am going to wrap the pipes with black exhaust wrap... just too much shiny pipe and not of it really matches... :coolgleamA:

I'll post a pic of mine...

Attachments

#19 · (Edited)
Here's some pics of the mods I've done over the winter. Sorry for the crappy garage pics, but I'm still a few weeks away from being able to ride and get any "glamour" shots. :laugh:

Here you can see many of the mods I did, including the CRM exhaust, Stebel Nautilus horn under the tail on the left side by the rear shock, carbon fiber swingarm covers, and black billet rear brake reservoir.

My Sargent seat and HT Moto tank grips.

Sargent seat and HT Moto grips again, and a better look at the Stebel horn.

A close up of my Rizoma "Action" signals.

Here's a good look at the carbon fiber front fender f4nm4n gave me for free! Didn't even charge me shipping. What a good dude. I owe that guy big time. Also a look at my new (to me) D675 brakes and forks. Forks are wrapped in flat black 3M di-noc and the calipers have had the gold anodizing removed (by hand, ugh).

Those are the main things I did over the winter that you can see. I also installed Driven AIS block off plates and used TuneECU to fix the fault codes and put the Arrow Low Boy map for my exhaust.

The only things I have left to do are to install a couple more carbon bits I ordered from Dodge (shout out to him for great pricing) and waiting for the local dealership to get in the correct front brake reservoir since the one they sold me was for a Speedie. :angry: I didn't figure that out until after I'd jury rigged up a bracket and filled it with brake fluid. If it wasn't for Orangeman saying something, I wouldn't have known it wasn't right. :whistle: Other than the fact it wasn't feeding into my master cylinder. I thought it was a problem with the MC, so I bought another one off ebay. So now I have an extra D675 MC as well as the stock ST3 one, if anyone needs either, let me know.

#23 ·
Here's some pics of the mods I've done over the winter. Sorry for the crappy garage pics, but I'm still a few weeks away from being able to ride and get any "glamour" shots. :laugh:

Here you can see many of the mods I did, including the CRM exhaust, Stebel Nautilus horn under the tail on the left side by the rear shock, carbon fiber swingarm covers, and black billet rear brake reservoir.

My Sargent seat and HT Moto tank grips.

Sargent seat and HT Moto grips again, and a better look at the Stebel horn.

A close up of my Rizoma "Action" signals.

Here's a good look at the carbon fiber front fender f4nm4n gave me for free! Didn't even charge me shipping. What a good dude. I owe that guy big time. Also a look at my new (to me) D675 brakes and forks. Forks are wrapped in flat black 3M di-noc and the calipers have had the gold anodizing removed (by hand, ugh).

Those are the main things I did over the winter that you can see. I also installed Driven AIS block off plates and used TuneECU to fix the fault codes and put the Arrow Low Boy map for my exhaust.

The only things I have left to do are to install a couple more carbon bits I ordered from Dodge (shout out to him for great pricing) and waiting for the local dealership to get in the correct front brake reservoir since the one they sold me was for a Speedie. :angry: I didn't figure that out until after I'd jury rigged up a bracket and filled it with brake fluid. If it wasn't for Orangeman saying something, I wouldn't have known it wasn't right. :whistle: Other than the fact it wasn't feeding into my master cylinder. I thought it was a problem with the MC, so I bought another one off ebay. So now I have an extra D675 MC as well as the stock ST3 one, if anyone needs either, let me know.
Need pics of the the CF parts :sifone:
:xscuseless:

#31 ·
I may need an undertray thingy like that...there's exposed areas under there for mine that show right under the seat area. I think that would probably allow water in there if I were to ride in the rain more often.

Is my bike missing a part? Lol...I got the bike from a guy who kinda of half-assed a lot of stuff...so it's possible I'm missing a few parts for my bike.

#32 ·
When you remove the rear fender it leaves the sides of the undertail exposed. I left it like that last year, but wasn't happy with that gap. None of the solutions I've seen to fix it were anything I was too crazy about, so when Dodge said he'd give me a good price on this undertail tray, I had to do it. It turned out better than I could have hoped.

#43 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.