Loud creaking noise from the shock/spring area? UPDATE! Now with pictures. - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Maintenance and repair > Repair/Troubleshooting

Old 06-07-12, 11:29   #11
Ruby Racing
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Racing View Post
Perhaps someone at the factory forgot to grease up the shock linkages?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matt View Post
Glad you figured it out. I would take the pictures of the dry pivots to the dealer and tell them you want your prep charge back.
Not really the dealers fault. Checking that the swing arm bolt is greased isn't part of a PDI. Like I said earlier, that's a job that should have been done at the factory. Mind you, it's not the first time a factory has forgotten to grease bearings etc and it won't be the last.

Anyway, I'm glad you've got it sorted.

To read about the transformation click > Project Trixie Transformation

For comparison photo of old R/R with new improved R/R under recall of 2012 click > R/R Comparison Photos

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-12, 12:12   #12
old&ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Racing View Post
Not really the dealers fault. Checking that the swing arm bolt is greased isn't part of a PDI. Like I said earlier, that's a job that should have been done at the factory. Mind you, it's not the first time a factory has forgotten to grease bearings etc and it won't be the last.

Anyway, I'm glad you've got it sorted.
I think u r right, RR. I asked way back what PDI includes and the dealer told me that service dept goes over the bolts to ensure right torque, fill the fluids or make sure the level is proper in ones that got shipped with the bike, adjust the chain, check tire pressure, adjust brake/clutch cords and make sure all the parts are there and to spec. They def do not take the bike appart to check if grease was applied where it should. If u check my pix when they uncrated the bike, it was delivered from the factory even with the wheels on. Just because they are a good dealer, they ran some diagnostics for me with no charge but it wasnt the part of pdi.
I will make sure to go through service manual today and ask my hubby to check what else needs to be greased and doesnt. just in case. i guess it will overkill the first service requirements lol. :-)

Old 06-09-12, 19:59   #13
old&ugly

Just got back from 2 hours test ride - seems like everything is working like it should. Whew......

Here is how my pivot bolt and the bolt channel looked when my husband took it apart.
Ewww.....

And this is after cleaning the dirt. You can see the wear black marks. I don't think this is how the brand new pivot bolt should look like....

Last edited by old&ugly; 06-10-12 at 19:36.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement