Lee Parks Total Control Class, Dallas - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > North America > Texas

Old 05-31-12, 19:58   #11
Csorin

Tuscani,

That is veeeery interesting that you would place Lee Park's class over a Keith Code session. I had actually considered the Keith Code school as a sort of destination, moto-training trip to California. Maybe I'll save the cash and just take another Total Control class.

There are apparently a few levels of Lee Park's school. Anyone taken the later levels?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-12, 20:20   #12
TheEssence

There is a Total Control class coming to SD in a few weeks with spots still open. I'm definitely going to attend, especially reading about the experiences on this thread so far.

Old 05-31-12, 20:34   #13
Dave73

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscani451 View Post
Starts off with practicing throttle control, rolling on/off throttle slowly while trail braking. Focus on being smooth. Then there is the work on body position and the 10 steps on cornering. This was really good and the reason I liked it better than CA Superbike school-your doing all this in a parking lot doing circles and figure 8s with the instructor sitting there watching everything you do one person at a time. My experience with Code's school is that b/c your on a track with a instructor following if you make a mistake or blow a corner you dont get the feed back till after the session is over and you have to wait until the next lap to try again. Also at codes the instructors are split between several people a session so they are not always watching you, also bc your on a track you feel like you should be trying to go fast, at Lee Parks you really dont get out of 2nd gear. I will try and do Lee Parks again, especially bc it's cheaper, wont do Code's school again. The 10 steps to cornering is nice too bc it really breaks things down, most stuff you already know but dont think about, and it goes slow enough you can process everything. I especially liked the part about getting set up before the turn and how to keep the bike straight until the "flop" into the corner.
Thanks for the feedback. From what I have seen, on track instruction does have some limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csorin View Post
Dave,

I haven't been to a trackday, but have been curious about RideSmart. My plan would be to hit up one of the Cresson Ridesmart sessions.

I have heard of a few 'first timer' discounts. One was free leathers. Another was a $50 everything included (track time, leathers, etc). I'll have to call back the guy I heard the $50 deal from. If true, that would be fantastically cheap.
I have never heard of $50 all inclusive deal. I know first timers get free leathers, boots, or both. I have heard of $50 OFF for first timers, but that may be a special occasion deal.

I will be at MSRC this Sunday doing the 1.7 It is one of my favorite tracks.

Quote:
Tuscani,

That is veeeery interesting that you would place Lee Park's class over a Keith Code session. I had actually considered the Keith Code school as a sort of destination, moto-training trip to California. Maybe I'll save the cash and just take another Total Control class.

There are apparently a few levels of Lee Park's school. Anyone taken the later levels?
While I have not done either, it seems to me they teach different things for different purposes. Some skills are universal, while some are suited for certain environments; high speed cornering on the track vs. low speed control and manuverability

Old 05-31-12, 22:04   #14
tuscani451

Quote:
Tuscani,

Keith Code is a very good way to get on a track for the first time, although expensive. I'd do total control and the Code's if the cash was available

Old 05-31-12, 23:00   #15
hawk_racer_116

I'm one of the first batch of Total Control instructors Lee taught many years back, and have taught a few of his upper levels.

http://www.whatnextmotorcycletraining.com/

The course is based on the building-block principle with each step building off the previous. The classroom portion is focused on getting the mind into the right attitude for the rest of the day. Within a month after our clinics, the students find a way to pass us a note about how their riding has improved.

The upper levels do go into a more focused improvement on the right attitude, and improved control at-speed. It is a great course to take, a great book to read, and if you look at taking one riding course a year, this can be a good one.

Plus Lee's a Triumph rider with a really hooked up Street Triple R.

Last edited by hawk_racer_116; 05-31-12 at 23:02. Reason: Added note

Old 06-04-12, 23:32   #16
spoiled

the ridesmart discount isnt $50 its 50% off and includes leathers and boots, you have to email dave (owner) or brandt (ARC instructor) to get the code. I still need to get up to cresson, only current texas track i havent gotten to yet. hope to see yall out there sometime

daytona owners manual pdf -

http://www.triumph675.net/Daytona675-owners-manual.pdf

Sponsored Links
Advertisement