Track guys running forks flush - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > All Things Suspension

Old 04-11-12, 03:50   #21
Logans08Daytona675

Im about 3mm below the top and really like the way it feels. I do find in slower turns though that I find myself having to pick the bike up slightly but at higher speeds around 70+ the bike just holds and goes around corners on rails

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-12, 14:35   #22
frayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAF View Post
I'm running bt-003's this year.
That's what I was planning on racing on this yr... older tire but they are cheap, available (with reasonably new mfg dates), and still a great tire. Question is which profile up front? I haven't tried the V yet, but the more rounded profile that should turn a little quicker I wouldn't think of running the forks flush with. I like a bike that turns really quick... as quick as I can get it without being unstable.
CCS AM#413
Please support my sponsors: www.WickedRacing.com - Go-fast parts and gear for riders and their motorcycles

Old 04-11-12, 14:47   #23
tooblekain

Send a message via AIM to tooblekain

Tried flush and didn't like it. However when I was at OEM fork drop I do remember a good majority of my crashes were midcorner with the front tucking.

I settled with 2mm and so far happy with it. Its a good compromise between effort it takes to turn in and stability.

So really...the best way to know is to try it yourself. I may try it again with adjustment of my rear axle in the middle of the swingarm. My adjusters are further in. Who knows...I might have to remove a link or two off my chain to do that adjustment. If it will require that, I will just stick with my 2mm drop.

What is The Clymb? Click on the link below and be prepared to be hooked:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/tooblekain

Old 04-11-12, 14:56   #24
umicheng

Send a message via AIM to umicheng

Stock Height - 4mm Gold Tube Showing
*Fast/Easier Turn In
*Less Mid Corner Stability

Forks Flush to Triple
*Slower/Harder Turn In
*More Mid Corner Stability

It's my understanding (from chatting with others) that while our bikes are flickable, riders seasoned with jap bikes find the 675 a bit unnerving as it feels unstable mid-corner (race/track applications).

My suspension shop flushed my forks without telling me and even my noob-self noticed the difference in turn in even on street (compared to full stock 4mm).

I ran 1mm of gold tube showing last season and I felt fine with it. I was happy. But what do i know! I have had a few racers comment mid-season that my turn in was very slow and gradual , which can be regarded as many tiny adjustments towards apex. That is all from rider input, not cause of the bike. One main reason for this is that I had no turn-in markers - negatively, I ride very much out of 'what feels right'. I believe the idea (Keith Code Twist of the Wrist speaks to it) is that the faster you tip in, the faster you set the suspension to where it needs to be, the faster you can drive out of that turn. So, faster tip in is ideal. Towards the end of the season, I set turn in markers a bit better and in my gopro videos it's easy to notice a MUCH faster tip in which were coupled with faster lap times.

Play around with the heights and see which you prefer!

Past Loves

2010 D675 SE, Street (Tristan)
2007 Ninja 250R (Scott)

Old 04-18-12, 17:50   #25
BMAF

I'm running -4 mm. I went to an Ohlin's seminar and was instructed by the tech to do that. I could safely run -5 but to try -4 and see if I like it.

MY MY what a world of difference.

I also pushed my clip-on's out. That helps with the steering input and less harsh on the throttle wrist at lean.

BMAFRacing GP Brake Res kits - CLICK HERE

Old 04-19-12, 12:43   #26
///Matt

Quote:
I'm running -4 mm. I went to an Ohlin's seminar and was instructed by the tech to do that. I could safely run -5 but to try -4 and see if I like it.

I also pushed my clip-on's out. That helps with the steering input and less harsh on the throttle wrist at lean.
Am I interpreting correctly that your forks are sunk into the triple by 4mm?
- Racetech fork valves and springs - Competition Werkes integrated smoked taillight and FE - Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen - CRG RC2 levers - Sato frame sliders - GB Racing case covers - StompGrip tank grips - Proton flushmount signals -

Old 04-19-12, 15:01   #27
Wei

What do you mean by push clip-on out?
You mean you adjust them out more?

-4mm = 4mm gold folk showing?

Quote:

Old 04-19-12, 17:16   #28
BMAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matt View Post
Am I interpreting correctly that your forks are sunk into the triple by 4mm?
You are correct, Good sir!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wei View Post
What do you mean by push clip-on out?
You mean you adjust them out more?

-4mm = 4mm gold folk showing?
Yes, Pushed the clip-ons out.

-4mm = Sunk in the triples

BMAFRacing GP Brake Res kits - CLICK HERE

Old 04-19-12, 17:17   #29
///Matt

interesting. Could you explain 'what a world of difference'? How did it change, overall? Also, are you on "R" Ohlins forks, or just taking the Ohlin's techs advice for your Kayaba forks?
- Racetech fork valves and springs - Competition Werkes integrated smoked taillight and FE - Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen - CRG RC2 levers - Sato frame sliders - GB Racing case covers - StompGrip tank grips - Proton flushmount signals -

Old 04-19-12, 17:24   #30
Noodles

My Bitubo documents recommend to start at 8mm above the triple clamp with ECH cartriges with +12mm travel. We'll see how that goes next month.

Nuno!

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/Noodles_771/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement