Fuel consumption Street triple - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 03-27-12, 09:36   #11
Smoke

When my Daytona was bone stock, the worst I did was 100 km before the light went on on the highway at quite unreasonable speeds with disastrous aerodynamics due to LOTS of luggage (tank + saddle bags, sports bag on the rear seat and backpack).

Did around 65 km (bone stock again) after the light went on with better aerodynamics at a very sedate pace.

Most of the time, the light goes on between 180 and 210 km. The old TOR tune my dealer loaded seemed to only make the bike less responsive and more hungry, so I got the new TOR tune and it seems a lot better.

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-12, 10:26   #12
Rincewind

With my 2010 STR I get about 110-miles (177km) to the light when I'm commuting. If I'm touring, I can get 140-170 miles (225-273km) till the light.

You can see general averages at:
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/tri...treet%20triple
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/tri...t%20triple%20r

Old 03-27-12, 11:15   #13
bobafetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
With my 2010 STR I get about 110-miles (177km) to the light when I'm commuting. If I'm touring, I can get 140-170 miles (225-273km) till the light.

I've got the 09 on there with 44.6 mpg. I seem to forget about using it with the bike. My poor TDI gets an update on average once a week.

Old 03-27-12, 18:45   #14
CrazyCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCam View Post
From full tank to the light coming on, I tend to get about 210 to 215 kilometres.

The furthest I have dared to ride, after the light came on, was about 45 kms.

BTW, remember, when the wee orange light comes on, it not only means you want to look for more fuel, but it is also a wheelie warning light!

regards,CrazyCam

I should have also said that those numbers were based on using E10, 91 octane fuel.

I'd expect a wee bit more from better, as in no ethanol, fuel.

Also, thrashing round Phillip Island race track almost halfs the distance.

regards,CrazyCam

Old 03-27-12, 19:22   #15
pretzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

mine went up from ~110 miles new to ~120 miles now around town when light comes on for my 2008 (with Arrow l/b)...was hoping for better.

no ethanol-free to be found around here in TX - mostly up to 10%.

Old 03-27-12, 20:43   #16
Greg K

I usually get between 170 and 190 k's before the light comes on when im purely commuting. Not that I ride aggressive, but I tend to keep the bike in a lower gear sometimes to aid in emergency stopping if necessary and simply because the bike sounds louder!

Old 03-27-12, 22:02   #17
Tronix

see my sig

Car: 2012 MazdaSpeed3 JBR TIP SRI | Damond OCC | COBB AP | Stage 1 S-OTS 93

Old 03-27-12, 22:14   #18
pickandpray

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyzen View Post
i can't do the whole hypermiling thing... thrash and let thrash, that's my motto..
Someone said that the triumph map runs rich in the lower RPM range, so does that mean if you want to save some gas you should stick to 4-6k rpm instead of short shifting at 4k?

what riding technique should we use when the light comes on and there are no gas stations to be found.

Old 03-27-12, 22:24   #19
Ranger Jay

With a full tank, I usually go about 110 miles before the light comes on. I commute in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, with plenty of lights and stop signs. I average around 35 mpg no matter how I ride. I usually ride the crap out of my ST...

Old 03-27-12, 22:32   #20
Moofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickandpray View Post
Someone said that the triumph map runs rich in the lower RPM range, so does that mean if you want to save some gas you should stick to 4-6k rpm instead of short shifting at 4k?

what riding technique should we use when the light comes on and there are no gas stations to be found.
You could probably set the computer to show current fuel economy when riding it and check?
The acceleration isn't very good when you need it below 4k unless the street is tuned a lot differently than the Daytona.

When commuting I generally sit 4-6k when cruising or general shifting in normal traffic.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement