Payback's gonna be a *****! - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 Racing Forums > General Racing Discussions

General Racing Discussions Discussion area for any non 675 related racing (Moto GP, World Superbike, etc) & general race set up / questions.

Old 02-11-12, 00:39   #11
Knolly
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by antirich View Post
If US Superbike is anything like WSBK, he'll have to meet homologation rules. I believe that translates to a minimum of 100 bikes sold. At $40K a pop, I just don't see that happening in this economy. I hope it happens, but I wouldn't bet on it.
I had the amazing chance to talk with some people at EBR last month and walk through their factory (they had Geoff May's bikes in there at the time... SWOOOOOON). But they're making 100 1190RS's total, and they said they're shipping them out as they complete them, and were around the 70th one built when I was in there, so I think there are enough people out there that appreciate how badass the bike is.

The 1190RS is an amazing bike, I'd snatch one up in the second if I had the cash for it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-12, 01:37   #12
Duc Hunter 675

Eslick on a buell I would like to see that. Also the new EBR is gorgeous. I saw it at the motorcycle show. $$$$ 40k $$$$. Racing is where there bread and butter is at right now. hope they do well this year. If they do hopefully there is a trickle down effect and they can bring production costs down making those bikes more affordable for us mere mortals.

Last edited by Duc Hunter 675; 02-11-12 at 01:44.

Old 02-11-12, 08:31   #13
Tripped1

Quote:
Originally Posted by antirich View Post

Also look forward to seeing how the new Rotax motor will do next year. I know a few people with Aprilia Milles, and that old motor was getting pretty heavy and dated. Hope this new one is in the right direction.

To be fair that isn't the Rotax from the Mille, its IS a rotax, but it was built to EBR's specs with him having a direct hand in the design process.

Even then, the ERB RS's motor is damn near completely hand built, it shares likely just the cases with the 1125 it was derived from. Since the AMA only allows the most rudimentary traction control anyway, its a really good place to start I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2faded View Post

.....says "not for street use" as well.. or it did till i grinded it off with the dremel

Old 02-11-12, 08:53   #14
Triumph The Dawg
Repost Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimoto View Post
Danny riding for Erik Buell Racing in AMA Superbike sends a message loud and clear to several groups who in the past have doubted, maligned, misrepresented, mismanaged and generally hated one of America's best motorcycle engineers- all for the wrong reasons. Danny's success with EBR will serve up some cold crow for them to eat.

Here's just a few examples:

A big FU to H-D for holding Erik Buell back for all these years.

A big FU to H-D for being an American embarrassment in the racing world (by holding Erik Buell back all these years).

A big FU to the everyone who thinks America is not up to competing with the rest of the world in professional road racing.

A big FU to all of those who still believe that Buell had an "unfair advantage" in Daytona Sportbike in 2009, and are still so uninformed that they continue to believe it was a "600 class". Erik showed then that even being hobbled by H-D's idoicy his designs were able to compete with the best supersport bikes in the world.

A big FU to everyone who still believes that an American designed and built Superbike can't compete with the best Superbikes in the world.

And... A big FU to everyone who cheers for foreign-made bikes over American designed, American made, world-class competition motorcycles (that now have no ties what-so-ever to H-D) without even knowing why.

There's more, but I think you get the point...
+1
You have just nailed it, well-said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette
I have my headlights disconnected off always, as I see no point having them on during the day waste of power.

Old 03-04-12, 16:54   #15
Million206

good race!

Old 03-04-12, 20:16   #16
JRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
Mate... you obviously like Buell's but I'm afraid they can't compete with the best Superbikes in the world at all. Nothing against them, they are interesting bikes but you can't honestly say they can complete with the current crop of superbikes.

Let me know when EBR wins a WSBK title eh?
em pretty sure they are winning titles
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ne...190/index.html

there is a small article on it

Old 03-05-12, 10:29   #17
way2faded

If anyone could do it...you know it'd be Danny

Old 03-05-12, 11:58   #18
Smoke

I see Ducati trembling with fear

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Old 03-07-12, 11:44   #19
peeweesp

I hope they do well, i really have grown to love my buell. Its a bit heavy and awkward at first but, love the power and all lol

Geoff may just wasnt gonna cut it, if buell wanted to win this year. The only logical choice was Danny eslick, the man is straight up crazy on a bike lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement