Triumph 675 Forums banner

Riders Discount 2009 Triumph 675 Project Bike

546K views 1K replies 213 participants last post by  FSTASFCK 
#1 · (Edited)
Check out our Riders Discount project Triumph 675. We bought it just to build a full-on racebike - all the goodies along the lines of Triumph kit parts like the harness and ECU are on the way. The exhaust, rearsets, race bodywork, brakes etc - it's all getting done right.
Who knows what we'll bolt onto it so check back frequently and see what we're up to!

We're taking suggestions as to what parts we should use on the bike, so if there's anything you'd like to see, please let us know. Should be interesting, until then - probably the last time it'll look like this. :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Annnnnddddddd... then you're giving it to me? :nod::laugh:

I would like to see some lightweight magnesium wheels. doesn't matter what brand

#6 ·
I would like to see some lightweight magnesium wheels. doesn't matter what brand
BST Carbon Fiber wheels all the way.
One of the first things I stated yesterday when deciding to purchase this bike was that we should get some trick rims. I will have to check AMA/DMG rules about aftermarket wheels.

#5 · (Edited)
I would like to say hi and give a quick introduction. My name is Brian Gibson and I am the owner of Riders Discount. I wanted to say how excited I am with this project bike. I had the lucky opportunity to race a 2007 model this summer and found the bike to be incredibly fun to ride with loads of potential within the motor and chassis. Even though I crashed during one of the two races I had raced I found the bike to be brilliant on the brakes and mid corner. The crash was mostly my fault as I was probably pushing a little too hard with the suspension not quite sorted to it maximum potential. With that being said I hope we can sort this 2009 bike out and make it a true contender at the track and possibly even enter it at the AMA Pro level.

The Triumph 675 to me is a unique machine with an exotic sound that just begs to be modified and explored. I am also excited about Riders Discount being a sponsor of this forum and becoming part of the Triumph community. Please keep the suggestions coming on this project and we will see how it turns out.

2007 Triumph 675 raced summer 09:

Bonus shot of the 07 675 summer 09:thumbup:

#7 ·
I would like to say hi and give a quick introduction. My name is Brian Gibson and I am co-owner to Riders Discount. I wanted to say how excited I am with this project bike. I had the lucky opportunity to race a 2007 model this summer and found the bike to be incredibly fun to ride with loads of potential within the motor and chassis. Even though I crashed during one of the two races I had raced I found the bike to be brilliant on the brakes and mid corner. The crash was mostly my fault as I was probably pushing a little too hard with the suspension not quite sorted to it maximum potential. With that being said I hope we can sort this 2009 bike out and make it a true contender at the track and possibly even enter it at the AMA Pro level.

The Triumph 675 to me is a unique machine with an exotic sound that just begs to be modified and explored. I am also excited about Riders Discount being a sponsor of this forum and becoming part of the Triumph community. Please keep the suggestions coming on this project and we will see how it turns out.

2007 Triumph 675 raced summer 09:

Bonus shot of the 07 675 summer 09:thumbup:
I'd hit it!!............and the girl too.

I would say some pro-bolt. Especially around the wheels, would make it lighter. I forget what that type of weight is called no unsprung or sprung, rotating maybe?

Reactions: laurence3000
#17 ·
Any word what the 2010 AMA rules are going to look like? You need to lobby Ludington to get some of that kit stuff approved, then things could be... interesting. :cool2:
Looking at the AMA rules as of this year it looks like it might be tough to compete. What the 2010 rules are going to be is anyone's guess. If anyone else has any more insight into AMA/DMG rules please feel free to contribute.

#9 ·
Nice!! Keep us posted on this.

#13 ·
FLUX swingarm triangle, Street Triple swingarm pivot (moves swingarm up), RaceTech G3-S and their Supersport cartridges, HordPower low-boy exhaust, Durrani wheels (support the Michigan compatriot's!)
i didn't see any smilies, but i have to assume you're joking...:biggrinjester:

#21 · (Edited)
Tear Down

After a couple of days sitting around the shop, we finally got started on our winter project. Plarp, TJ and Brian got into the 675, mainly to get the forks out and unload some of that road going stuff we're never going to need. :laugh:

Looks innocent enough.

Lowers off.

Now, we didn't read the owner's manual, but does anyone know why there's a screw driver under the pillion seat? Afterall, we had to use a hex key to get it to. That's British engineering for ya.

Front wheel is gone along with the fuel tank.

The ever-expanding parts pile.

Draining the rad.

Forks out. We're not sure what TJ is trying to break here.

These are off to Ohlins for 25mm goodness.

Anyone care for some OEM headers?

The ovaled ports are a nice touch. :bowdown:

Leftovers.

#26 · (Edited)
Check out what showed up today. Gonna have to wait until we get the motor back on before we mount it up.

From Italy with love.

Crossovers are arranged in the same manner.

No means to install a noise damper, this must be a real race exhaust. :cool:

Out of the box, the headers were pre-assembled.

The header to port adapters are obviously machined for performance.

With all hardware accounted for, this turns out to be a 14.85lb weight savings, 9.3 of which came from the muffler high up in the subframe. Hooray!

#29 ·
So is the diameter of the new headers and the rest of the pipe work much larger than the standard pipe work? how much so?

It would be interesting to see what the performance difference there is between the full system to having a straight through stock system with no cat and exup with aftermarket slip on.

Looks fantastic so far! :coolgleamA:

#49 ·
Its looking like we might actually end up doing two motors, as AMA Spec does not seem all that exciting and leaves very few options. So I believe we are going to go full in on one and try to get another to build for AMA/DMG.:thumbup:

#32 · (Edited)
Wow!

I never realised how difference there was in it!

So will this system be way too loud for on-road use?

Have you done any dyno runs on your bike to compare it to the final result?

#34 · (Edited)
Wow!

I never realised how difference there was in it!

So will this system be way too load for on-road use?

Have you done any dyno runs on your bike to compare it to the final result?
No idea how loud this particular motorcycle exhaust is going to be. As for before/after dyno runs, well, we've never started the bike, so that's out. :laugh:

The motor came out this evening and we'll be posting those photos tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.