Triumph 675 Forums banner

Tricati Street Monster 675

12K views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  jdgun_13 
#1 ·
Tricati Street Monster 675

I took my mint condition 2007 Daytona 675 and turned it into a custom project. Why? Because I loved the bike and knew it inside and out, but my riding style has changed over the last few years and I'm looking for more something more comfortable and less track-oriented. I will update this thread as I have more time, but feel free to ask any questions in the meantime.

The Vision

I had seen the mockup of the Street Triple with a Monster headlight and thought it was a brilliant idea. Then, Motodemic released their low gauge kit and it opened up the creative juices on how to accomplish all of this. Add a Monster headlight, the Motodemic bracket design, and a lot of Photoshop and I came up with this.

The Farewell

Here she is on day one of the project, the last time I would ever see her with full fairings.

The Project

I started by stripping my bike down to paint the motor. I managed to get everything done with the motor on the bike, but had issues with the paint. I used an engine enamel, and even after a week of cure time, I could chip it off with my nail. After some research I realized that I made a terrible mistake - I had soda blasted the engine to remove all the road grime before painting. Unbeknownst to me, soda blasting metal before painting is a big no-no (it actually changes the acidic properties of the metal and makes it too basic for paint to stick!). So, I had to strip the entire motor (I removed it from the bike for this), blasted it with walnut shells, rinsed it in a white vinegar solution to re-etch the metal, and then primed/painted again. What a huge PITA that was. Lesson learned - don't soda blast anything you want to paint!!!

After getting that done, everything else was pretty easy. I realized I had to relocate the ignition in order to get the gauges and headlight in the spot I wanted. I ended up cutting some custom brackets to get the gauge and headlight mounted, then relocating the ignition right above the starter motor.

The Results

The Parts

2007 Daytona 675
Ducati Monster 696 Headlight
Ducati 848 Handlebars
Rizoma Action Signals
CRG Arrow Mirrors
Triumph Engine Covers
Arrow 3-1
SMOTO Radiator Guard
Custom tail tidy
ST3 Parts:
-2010 Harness
-Full subframe + tail swap
-2013+ rearsets
-Full steering stem
-Radiator and hoses
-Small radiator covers

See less See more
#9 ·
~Well done! Really diggn the look. I would rock this for a street queen all day. That Headlight was a simple and great idea. Looks factory clean with the relocation of the ignition key too.

#26 ·
Nice build!!!! so what happened to the original exhaust in your planned build? was way cleaner and looked current, (sorry the arrow 3-1 looks very dated).

But without a doubt prettier and sexier than the way the Street rolls off the assembly line.

Please though put on some proper aftermarket bolts on the lower triple clamp bolts..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.