Jardine Carbon Fiber Exhaust Deteriorating - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Maintenance and repair > Repair/Troubleshooting

Old 04-08-12, 03:43   #1
Renejr40

Send a message via AIM to Renejr40
Default Jardine Carbon Fiber Exhaust Deteriorating

I currently own an 07' Daytona675 with a Jardine RT-1 exhaust.

The pipe has lost its glossy look and the carbon fiber seems somewhat exposed from the wear and tear. The stock stamp(?) screws (correct word escapes me....) were replaced with allen wrench nuts so I can now assume that the original connectors that use to be there fell off from the wear and tear I'm assuming. The new nuts keep coming off due to vibration even with locking washers and, as the title mentions, everything seems to be falling apart on it.

Bottomline: I'm thinking of buying a brand new replacement Jardine pipe, but will I experience this same issue of wear and tear and having to replace?? Or is Titanium the way to go?

Does this usually happen to carbon fiber exhaust pipes or is there a coating you can apply at a certain period of its life?

Thanks for the Help in Advance!
-Any input on this is much appreciated

Old 04-08-12, 11:32   #2
Far Canal

Personally I try and avoid c/f exhausts because the few I have had have either cracked, split or faded. Then again I do ride my bikes fairly hard and figured maybe they just weren't up to the punishment.

Old 04-08-12, 20:47   #3
Remi

Same's happening with mine. I'll be going with some sort of metal exhaust next time. The carbon gets cooked...

Old 04-08-12, 20:56   #4
Graham M.

^ Thats really odd.... I have a full CF can on my TBR and no fading or cooking issues whatsoever. Hmm....

To the OP, I think the right word you were looking for was "Allen screw".

Old 04-08-12, 22:56   #5
bock919

Personally I avoid brands like TBR, Jardine, and Micron just because this type of thing seems to happen. I've never been displeased with any Yoshimura pipe I've ever purchased. I'd recommend going with a brand that has a better reputation for quality. Sato, Yosh, Staintune, Mori, etc. are likely to give you far more satisfaction in the long run. That's my 2 cents, at any rate.

Old 04-08-12, 23:14   #6
southpaw5m

I have some fading and what looks like baked carbon on my Jardine as well, I'm probably gonna go with competition werks on my next slip on when my Jardine is done for...Sucks because the Jardine is one of the best looking in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement