Triumph 675 Forums banner

20000Km & All valves in spec.

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  ANZAC 
#1 ·
I am so impressed with this bike, at the 20000 km B service after 3 years ownership from new & countless track days not one valve needed shimming. New plugs were fitted, BMC air filter washed, oil (fully synthetic) & filter changed. Throttle bodies were also OK. Only repair was to the bush on the clutch lever that I didn't even notice was worn.
The bike shop that did the work also prepares race bikes, the facilities are spotless & their work meticulous, all the things the local Triumph dealer is not.
I am considering a recommendation to fit a "Power comander" but will see if I race the Street or get another bike for that purpose.:cool:

#3 ·
:thumbup:

Question...why would you pay the premium for a Power Commander when our ECU's are programmable and the TuneECU software to do it is free. Costs all of about $10 for the proper patch cord ?

Umm because I am not that good with a cell phone never mind Tune ECU:laugh:
As always, I appreciate your advice though O/man, I must look into this, maybe the guy just wants to sell Power Comanders.

#4 ·
Fingers crossed this is the case with mine. I am opening the bike up tomorrow. Already have a shim kit on hand from, Hot Cams. Hopefully I won't have to use it.

Also going to try my hand (first time) at using TuneECU to synch my throttle bodies. May also re-flash to the latest Arrow 3-1 map. I think I may have an older map, but not sure.
Would also have to reset TPS, and reset adaptation if I remap, correct?

#5 ·
Yes sir...always re-set the TPS as your last step after doing ANYTHING ..

Just remember after you are done everytihg else to hit disconnect in the TuneECU program, turn the ignition off....wait until the bike finishes dialing the mother ship....turn the ignition back on, re-connect TuneECU, then do your adaptation re-set.

#6 ·
Yes sir...always re-set the TPS as your last step after doing ANYTHING ..

Just remember after you are done everytihg else to hit disconnect in the TuneECU program, turn the ignition off....wait until the bike finishes dialing the mother ship....turn the ignition back on, re-connect TuneECU, then do your adaptation re-set.

Is that what I hear? lol

#9 ·
The bike shop that did the work also prepares race bikes, the facilities are spotless & their work meticulous, all the things the local Triumph dealer is not.
Hi

Would you mind giving the name of the shop you used? I must admit I am also wary of the dealer, but they did a R/R replacement under goodwill in April - long before the bulletins, so I am still prepared to use them for 40,000 km service coming up.

Thanks

#11 ·
Good workshop

Hi

Would you mind giving the name of the shop you used? I must admit I am also wary of the dealer, but they did a R/R replacement under goodwill in April - long before the bulletins, so I am still prepared to use them for 40,000 km service coming up.

Thanks
40000km is also a B service if I am not mistaken so its also shims etc, etc. Triumph w/shop mgr told me not to expect much change from R4500 for the B service, since I do everything except valves, throttle sync, & plugs, that is all I needed to outsource. Danie Maritz racing 0215565914 got the nod, <R2000. Check out their website or better still go & see for yourself.
The other good one is Superbike solutions in Som west.

#13 ·
Good to hear Crash&Burn. Over here we have a guy/shop that does Spectacular work on triumphs but he's backed up with work for at least 3 weeks as we speak...

Martin, If all turns out well on your bike maybe you could give my valves a look as well:whistle:

#14 ·
Great to hear :thumbup:

I had my valves checked at 12k and all were fine except for two exhaust that were barely out of spec. If you take care of your engine - let it warm up correctly and don't beat it to death you should be fine. I will probably not need anymore adjustments in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.