Triumph 675 Forums banner

Which steering damper?

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Red October 
#1 ·
Hi, which damper would you guys recommend for my 07 race bike. Been looking at the Scotts, Gpr & titax. Any pros & cons on the different ones would be much appreciated.

#3 ·
My Hyperpro "active" in the OEM position does the job just fine, not intrusive at low speeds and not killing any feeling when the going gets rough. Some say they need to loosen the mount before they can use their front stand hooking under the triple tree. I wanted to keep the tank area clear for its bag.

Don't forget the bike shouldn't be so squirelly that it becomes unmanageable most of the time, if that's the case, perhaps you should work on your setting, or you're being too forceful with the steering, I didn't have problems with the OEM one, you can just try to put thicker oil in it, just wanted to have it adjustable, and used the occasion of a Group Buy...

#4 ·
do not chaige the oil in the oem damper it will only mask the problem. crashed broken my arm with it. you dont know how bad it is until you use a good damper. i was so stupid not to chainge the oem damper. now i have i hyperpro rsc top mount does the jop all the way. i used to have head shakes all the time and i thought it was normal. it wasnt.
i can feal the hyperpro when it works. the steering makes the move and the moment it starts it stops their.

#7 ·
The problem I have heard with the Hyperpro and all other top mount liner dampers is: it will most likely not survive a high side. I have never witnesses the aftermath with a HP in a high side, but I was told not to get one if you didn't want to also replace it along with the rest of the damage, by several AFM racers.

As for the Scott's: not only is it bullet proof, but it has three adjustments. One for low speed, one for high speed, and one for pitch.

Lastly, when I was extensively researching dampers I discovered the Scott's dampers are almost never returned unlike other less expensive reproductions.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#8 ·
The problem I have heard with the Hyperpro and all other top mount liner dampers is: it will most likely not survive a high side. I have never witnesses the aftermath with a HP in a high side, but I was told not to get one if you didn't want to also replace it along with the rest of the damage, by several AFM racers.

As for the Scott's: not only is it bullet proof, but it has three adjustments. One for low speed, one for high speed, and one for pitch.

Lastly, when I was extensively researching dampers I discovered the Scott's dampers are almost never returned unlike other less expensive reproductions.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Hopefully i will survive.:laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.