Triumph 675 Forums banner

I need a SUPER HUGE HOW TO

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Hokie 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I am picking up a second daytona this saturday.
Bike was laid down on the highway. Fairings are jacked, clear title (never reported), and clutch cover will need replacing.

The gentleman was going to part it out and unloaded the wheels and tires
already, but is selling me the bike in shambles (he disassembled it all, minus engine thankfully it is still sealed) for $1500.. 2008. 13k miles.

He literally has everything down to the nut and bolt.

Is there anyone that has a how-to put this beast together on this bike? I literally need to put the entire thing back together. Couldn't find any detailed build threads...

Thanks in advance!

#5 ·
#9 ·
In your case, I would get both that factory manual and the Haynes manual since you are not familiar with your new bike (parts). The factory manual will be more detailed, and the Haynes manual will have more pictures for you to reference and is written for the common wrench turner. Good luck!

#10 ·
saumo, good luck. i think one of your best bets would be to find a member near you with a daytona. at least you could look over it and see where a lot of stuff goes and understand the direction you need to go.

not many people will know their bikes better than you at the end of the day! :laugh: GL! :thumbup:

#12 ·
While putting it together, you might as well take pics of the progress and of each step, and post a HOW-TO of your own on here. :thumbup:

Good luck man, can't wait to see it all put together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.