Triumph 675 Forums banner

Casey Stoner Australian TV special

4K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Moeman 
#1 ·
Australian TV special on Casey Stoner that aired after his 6th win at Philip Island. It covers is entire racing career so 15+ years in 1hr means it really skims over a lot of stuff. Still pretty good to watch

#12 ·
that movie has been taken down by dorna afew times, i think someone uploaded it again maybe under the name " a heroes story" to make it harder for dorna to find & remove, it was on free to air TV so why not the net ?? no advertising money i suppose ??

its not going to be the same without stoner, went to phillip island this year & it was epic !!!

will still be interesting next year though, i cant wait for it to all kick off again !! :)

#13 ·
I'm definitely excited to see Marquez race in the GP class, though I'm not counting ducks before they hatch - he still doesn't have the experience everyone else does. I think his first year will be a lot of learning, but he definitely has champion written all over him for the future.

I wouldn't count Rossi out though. You can definitely argue who is better - Rossi or Stoner. Rossi holds more titles, but Stoner made the Duc work for a title. My thoughts are this: Rossi is dominating pretty much every other racing event he participates in outside of MotoGP (Supermoto, Monza rally, ect). He definitely knows how to race and win, so I have a feeling when he jumps back on the Yamaha at Qatar, he's going to be giving the top dogs a real run for their money.

....of course I could be completely wrong :itsok:

#17 ·
Stoner, will be missed. Amazing rider, and I'm sure he will succeed in his future endeavors.

I'm looking forward to next season. Would like to see if Pol's big brother will make the learning curve tough for, Marquez.:whistle:
I don't know about that.....Marquez is still on a factory honda and it would take a whole lot of errors for him to fall back into 13th place or higher considering his first test results on the honda was just shy of a second under Pedrosa's posted fastest time.

#28 ·

"The Australian becomes the 20th MotoGP Legend, joining current members Giacomo Agostini, Mick Doohan, Geoff Duke, Wayne Gardner, Mike Hailwood, Daijiro Kato, Eddie Lawson, Anton Mang, Angel Nieto, Wayne Rainey, Phil Read, Jim Redman, Kenny Roberts, Jarno Saarinen, Kevin Schwantz, Barry Sheene, Freddie Spencer, John Surtees and Carlo Ubbiali." To be even mentioned in that list is an honor im sure, nuf said!

Stoner retires from the sport at the age of 27, having amassed two MotoGP World Championships (2007 and 2011), 45 Grand Prix victories, 89 podium finishes and 43 pole positions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.