Triumph 675 Forums banner

2013 Daytona 675 Spy Photo

19K views 145 replies 72 participants last post by  ggillies 
#1 ·
See less See more
#116 ·
Cool feature upgrades but the looks have taken a serious hit.

The fairings now look bulky and fat and no longer flow like it used to. The nose fairing is also fat and ugly... and looking at the bike from the front now makes the bike look obese. Yuck.

WTB 2012 Daytona 675R - screw the extra features.

#118 ·

But real talk, the more I look at it, the more I think the front might not look too bad in person but I'll reserve my judgement. I'm assuming the less sharp looking front must be for aerodynamics. The front is the only thing I don't really like (aside from the subframe...) so hopefully it'll look nice in race fairings.

The addition of the slipper clutch is awesome and I like the fender removal feature. Very nifty.

#121 ·
I was holding off on commenting until I saw more. I have to say, it's not terrible. Definitely not as good looking as past models, but for the first real redesign, it's a fairly good first step. The bike's proportions just seem off to me, though, so I'm really hoping it looks better in person. The silver bit on the front is kind of baffling, but something that would be easy to cover up, and while I hated the subframe in the spy shots, I can almost let it go on these official shots. I'm guessing we'll be seeing a restyling in a year or two, at which time hopefully they'll correct the little flaws.

I'm not totally sold and I'm certainly not going to be trading my '09 in for one, but I think Triumph is on the right track. I'll hold my final opinion, however, until I actually see one in person.

#123 ·
Meh. The mirrors don't match the rest of the bike at all. Luckily that's an easy fix. Other than the white and blue version, why do all of them have a grey subframe? Looks like ass on the R and Red versions. I guess it's fixable too, but not as easy as swapping mirrors. It fits the black bike, and I dig the blue subframe on the white/blue one. The silver bit around the headlights only works on the black version IMO.

I hope Truimph doesn't consider us as the target market for these bikes, since it seems like the majority of us don't care for the changes. Unless there are more here who do like it but are worried about getting flamed.

#125 ·
Its just not getting any better is it...
It'll look far better with a proper track set up except for that cheap plastic shizz in the lower side of the tank.

One nice thing about the 06+ was that the under tail OEM can didnt look horrible. The OEM low mont is pretty ugly but still not near as bad as the other OEM low mounts out there.
Why did you give our bike eyeliner?!

#139 ·
Real talk: I like the exhaust. For a stock exhaust with all of the crap they have to shove in there they kept it remarkably small. The wait it comes out of the fairing is slick and I'm sure we'll have some very nice look aftermarket options because of it.

#142 ·
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=50261

Don't know if that's already been posted, don't care to look through 15 pages.

Looks wise, its certainly looks like most of the other supersports, but better. The looks are starting to wear on me, and I'm starting to like it. The exhaust is hideous, that that's easily fixed with an aftermarket pipe anyway.

Performance wise is wha appeals most. Bigger redline, up on HP, lighter in weight, slipper clutch. Wonder how the newer engine will feel, may have to test ride one.

#143 ·
The good:
-Wheels
-Passenger rearset placement(no more blockoffs necessary!)
-Ease of modifying the license plate bracket and rear turn signals
-Tad lower center of gravity, weight savings from exhaust
-Underbelly of the fairings looks nice, I can't tell if it's race compliant but my guess is no.

The bad:
-No projector headlights? Major blow in my book.
-How do you sit upright(cruising through the city and such) with the exhaust right there?
-Exhaust bolted to right rearset, added vibration maybe?

The ugly:
-Silver eyeliner
-Turn signals still big and clunky. LEDs are dirt cheap, brighter, and quicker.
-The fairings are cut to show a bit of frame right next to the word "Daytona." It's pointless.
-The black plastic surrounding the bottom of the gas tank. Again, why?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.