Triumph 675 Forums banner

what did you do to your 675 today????

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  siq75 
#1 ·
just like the title states, what did u do to your 675 today?

I rode mine to pick up a gel passenger seat, then installed front and rear brakes, and polished/waxed the paint

#3,894 ·
Happened in 14 on Saturday. I had this asshat on a liter dragging me all day. I would make a clean pass just to have him drag me in the straights. I passed him no less than 12 times that day.

On the last set he started in on the second lap, and I was not having any of it.

I got up to him in turn 4, and followed to turn 6 with a clean beautiful pass.
He blew by me in the 6-8 bump I followed him through 9 passed him on the inside in 10. Then I had him through 11,12,13, but the ass passed me again to 14.

By now I'm F-ing pissed and no way am I going to let him beat me to S/F!

I out-brake the hell out of him into 14 and get on the throttle to stomp him through 14/15 double apex trying to get a good hell of a running start. I just knew if I could get to S/F before him I wouldn't see him for the rest of the day.

I had a great line, but I was in second gear trying to get good speed through 15. Just as I was about to pick her up the tire started to go.

I held on to the throttle and started to lift the bike while keeping low, but it was too late.

I fell one foot to the ground, and she went for a tumble.

To make matters worse, the battery died on my camera in turn 5 that lap....

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#3,897 ·
#3,899 ·
Put this guy on yesterday. Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car

Also straightened the little twist I had in the front and discovered im missing one of the handle bar bolts. The one that holds it in place from the bottom.

#3,906 ·
Installed Apex clip-ons. Now just waiting on the 1050 throttle tube.

side note: I went to put the stock throttle tube back on just to get everything lined up. Is it normal to have to adjust throttle slack just b/c of changing clip-ons? They are almost in identical positions, but the housing wouldn't go on easily and the throttle isn't actuating smoothly.

#3,908 ·
Took her for a nice spin. Also topped her completly out. My inner squid said I needed to.

#3,914 ·
Sent the frame out to have all steel tube frame to be made.
Gas tank is finished

Exhaust is at a stand still till motor is back in a frame.
Gonna modify a two brothers to mount low, did the come cat/exup delete

Gonna make spacers for the caliper upgrade

Adding a second fan and a radiator cage

Plus tons of other stuff over the next month or two

#3,931 ·
Soon as my steel tube frame is done being built I will make a thread.

As far as low end grunt. My 60t sprocket should give it that grunt.
I test drove both bikes before taking a month to decide.
The differences seemed so minimal.

#3,935 ·
Soon as my steel tube frame is done being built I will make a thread.

As far as low end grunt. My 60t sprocket should give it that grunt.
I test drove both bikes before taking a month to decide.
The differences seemed so minimal.
I was pondering doing that with mine for a while, ended up just getting a set up f4i instead. When I can get to a decent skill level with stunts I might reconsider the idea of a daytona stunt bike. my only issue is that nobody makes stunt parts and you have to get everything custom made, as you said you are doing.

I look forward to seeing how your's turns out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.