Triumph 675 Forums banner

Shift a little quicker....

6K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  Jstu202 
#1 ·
G'day all :grin:

Thanks to my girlfriend and her dad (they both race their utes), I've recently developed an addiction to the 1/4 Mile. Due to the lack of Trumpy dealers anywhere close to where I live, I've had a PCIII USB fitted to my 2008 D675 so I can get it dyno-tuned locally.

I'm sure by now you've guessed what this thread is about, I'm on the hunt for a suitable Quick Shifter to plug into my PCIII. Unfortunately Dynojet have told me they don't make a kit specifically for Daytona's :cuss:

However, I hear that a rod kit for an R6 will fit, can anyone tell me for sure if that's true??

Or maybe you can suggest another Quick Shifter that will plug into my PCIII???

I've got my times down to consistent 11.6's, pretty stoked since my first few meets I ran 12.3 - 13's. Can't wait to get a quick shifter on and see how much more I can improve :thumbsup:

If anyone has any handy hints or tips they use on the track I'd love to hear them, if you don't mind sharing :bowdown:

:smile: Cheers :smile:

Matty

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
yeah no joke. I am surprised a strip allows you not to have proper gear on in the first place.

I find drag racing in all sense a waste of time, but if you enjoy it all the power to you, but definitely agree with the gear part.

For QS, not sure any will plug into the PC or not, but I know Bazzaz makes one for their stuff, so it is at least worth looking into.

#4 ·
Don't have to wear full leathers until you race in Modified Bikes class. Rules are long clothes . I could go out in track pants and a jumper.... but that would be idiotic... I wear Kevlar jeans and a leather jacket on the street... why not on the track....

It's Dial in racing, bit more to it than who has the fastest machine. The missus won street class last year, she's slowest in her class...

#5 ·
It is your body, I could careless how you treat it, just saying and your opinion on dragging is just that much like mine.

But for the QS part I would also look into the Triumph one that is offered and see if there is a way of hooking it up through that. In the end though you may just have to get a different type of box like Bazzaz or whom ever supports their own products since the plug and play did not start till the next gen sadly.

#15 ·
haha that's wicked mate :cool2: I'll have a squizz through the thread, thanks

#8 ·
Get yourself a Translogic QS. I have one on my 2006 and it's a pretty simple install. It's not a one plug job like the later bikes, you have to get under the air box to fit in line connectors on the coil connectors. Translogic actually make the QS that are Triumph branded.

#9 ·
#14 ·
Cheers mate, that's what I'm looking into. I'll check out the links. :cool2:

Thanks to everyone else who posted constructive comments as well, It's nice to know that there's guys out there who actually are interested in 675's :thumbup:

For a moment there I thought all was going to get were smart arse comments

#10 ·
nice tennis shoes. must save weight for those 1/4 mile runs.

#16 ·
they are a* fastlane tennis shoes then. Not much better than tennis shoes. Maybe just a pinch.

#18 ·
they are a* fastlane tennis shoes then. Not much better than tennis shoes. Maybe just a pinch.
This isn't High School old mate. If you've got nothing constructive to say fuck off.

#12 ·
The Translogic I suggested doesn't need to work with a PC, it works independently. It's very well made product and comes with all the parts you need.

I initially bought an HM as they had great reviews. However after I fitted it the bike would not fire up. HM were very helpful and I sent it back to them. They did say it didn't work because my bike's loom was wired the wrong way round! Yes really. So they made me a new sub loom and sent it back to me. The bike still would not start. It would turn over, but not start. I lost patience with them at this point and sent it back for a refund.

It was after this I bought the Translogic, which worked perfectly.

#21 ·
Cheers mate, I'm hoping the QS will help with consistency as well.:smile:

#20 ·
ITT: New member comes to forum and creates a thread showing his interest about D675 and his enjoyment about pushing the bike in a controlled environment (drag strip). Does this in perfectly fine gear for the street and it's permitted in the environment - asks forum members for helpful advice.

Some opinionated resident douche bags do anything but be constructive and piss off new forum member. New forum member thinks 675.net is full if jerks and never comes back again.

Deja Vu.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#22 ·
Haha every forum has its share of fuckwits mate, and I sure don't mind treating them as such :smile:

So far, from my few posts and a look around, the majority of members seem to be genuinely interested in their Trumpy and bikes in general :cool2:

#24 ·
ChickenStrips -

To jump subjects, where are you in aus? I have friends scattered all about -- Canberra, Sydney, Perth, Darwin, toowoomba (sp?), and Adelaide.

#25 ·
ChickenStrips -

To jump subjects, where are you in aus? I have friends scattered all about -- Canberra, Sydney, Perth, Darwin, toowoomba (sp?), and Adelaide.
Bundaberg mate. Ever heard of Bundaberg Rum?... About 5hrs drive North North-East of Toowoomba :smile:

Attachments

#27 ·
Bundaberg Ginger Beer is awesome! I almost always get it when I fly domestic lol.

#30 ·
Cheers Karl, I'll have a look through it :smile: not too keen on a longer swing arm though.

#34 ·
good lord, lay off the steriods buddy. I did try to offer some advice as well to which he got "smart arse" about instead of saying, thanks but that isnt a problem for me since my bike doesnt make enough power to spin the wheels.

be sure to post up your parts in the classifieds, daytona parts are hard to find "down under"

this isnt a gixxer forum, WE as a forum are big fans of ATGATT because i see it every few weeks. a noob joins, asks racing questions, then is parting out his bike, putting up wreck pictures before he has 100 posts/within a few months of joining or he just never comes back after posting all day everyday.

No one "belittes" you about gear, we do it here because we care and want you to A. survive the inevitable wreck we will all have. B. Not have a life altering injury (like getting your ankle ripped off). I dont know why are taking everything so personal. You need to realize you are engaging in an extreme risk catagory of a high risk hobby.

I have a close friend who didnt listen to me about gear. this isnt his ankle but his looked pretty similiar.

Anyway, GL on your drag racing. Ill leave you with this...

#39 · (Edited)
:laugh: after reading that thread about the blower kit for old mates D675, I don't think you need a busa to go fast. He ran a 9.2, Some of the guys I race with are on lowered and stretched Busa's, some running Nitrous, and only pulling about 8.9 :bowdown:

I love that as well. There's guys at the strip racing their $50,000+ drag dedicated cars. I ride in on the trumpy, grab the spare rim out the girlfriends ute, throw it on the bike and run the same times or quicker

#42 ·
I started out by sprinting over the quarter mile.

Then I moved on to hill climbing (tarmac hills, closed roads).

Then I started doing track days.

Then I went and did circuit racing.

Does it really matter what bike you use for what? Just ride and have fun.

#44 ·
Enough of the BS and insults guys, or I'll just have to start with the bans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.