Triumph 675 Forums banner

Mac Park track day

923 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  petefix 
#1 ·
Hi all

Went down to Mac Park (Mount Gambier) last weekend and participated in an excellent 'private coaching' day - a group of 16 mates hired the track & organised two local racers to provide tuition and coaching. We all camped at the track Friday and Saturday nights, heading home Sunday. This was the best coaching experience I have been involved in - great people, great knowledge, great skills. I am still damn slow on the D675, but smiling all the way :)

I encourage other interested peoples to approach the club to organise a similar day. All up it cost $200 / person - an absolute bargain, and toilets / showers available the whole weekend.

#3 ·
Im not sure, but I think a lot of people camp at the track during events. A fair sized grassed area with trees & access to toilets / showers. Should be able to have a bbq, or head into mount gambier for a meal... A very technical track & a great place to ride :)

#5 ·
The day started with a 'slow lap' in a twin cab ute to discuss the track / apex / lines etc, followed by a quicker lap to demonstrate. Following sign on we hit the track around 10am - this was instructed time, not free for all - separate corners were discussed and ridden multiple times with feedback from coaches. Stopped for a lunch break around 1230, them back into coaching. The last couple of hours were 'free' to practise what we had been taught - I think we finished up a around 4.30 / 5? Plenty of time on track, only short breaks between sessions to grab a drink. My legs were cramping by the end of the day, so physically it was enough time for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.