Triumph 675 Forums banner

Safety Wiring

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ScotiC 
#1 ·
So I'd like to prep my bike to try my hand at racing. I don't have a drill press or have access to one. Can anyone tell me if there are kits for predrilled bolts and the sort?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#3 ·
There are pre-drilled sets out there, but to do it on the cheap you'll probably manage with just a vice, a cordless drill and some patience. That's how I did it.

Mind you, you'll need fresh, sharp drill bits if you start working on stainless, but it can be done.

O.B

#7 ·
you can get a drill press at sears for under and around $100. if you're racing, you're gonna need one...you'll never stop safety wiring new bolts/nuts/covers/etc. use cobalt bits and buy twice as many as you think you'll need. doing it with a hand drill is OK in the pits when you have no options, but to drill an entire bike you'll spend as much in broken bits as you would a press...especially when drilling adjacent faces on a hex.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.