Triumph 675 Forums banner

2013 Daytona 675 Specs -

10K views 45 replies 32 participants last post by  Gerard7AA 
#1 ·
Many changes, new Daytona 675 triple bore & stroke changes amongst several other changes -
http://assets1.triumphmotorcycles.com/new-daytona-675/pdf/DAYTONA_675_PDF_USA.pdf

#7 ·
Gross.

I love the look of my 08 because it doesn't look like a "me too" bike

It looks like they combined every other 600.

No more projectors, just reflectors like something out of the 90s
Ridiculous tiny tail.

Not that it matters to me, It's not like I need another daytona :p

#9 ·
More hp and torque, abs, slipper clutch, lower center of gravity- sounds pretty good to me. I like the lowboy too as my 2007 makes some pretty nasty heat beneath my seat. I like the new fairings tho I hope the tail gets revised- why not have the signals integrated? And I like the look of the old subframe better. But overall I can dig it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#12 · (Edited)
with the specs of the "R" version, i am dedicating my winter to making this thing my racebike for 2013. abs, ohlins front and rear, brembo calipers and master, SS lines, 7-8 extra whp over I4 600s and with awesome midrange, quickshifter... and for $1900 more than the price of a japanese bike that i gotta install all of those things on anyway- damn near unbeatable.

now to finance my dream...

and a slipper clutch!

#20 ·
Oh wtf... They switched from projectors to shitty reflector headlights. Fail.
Reflectors are junk, but they are super easy to retrofit with some HID projectors from TRS. The halogen projectors are a pain to retro properly. I would've preferred the reflectors on my '09 because they would've already been changed. I cant risk ruining a headlight while trying to cut out the halogen projectors.

#19 ·
Looks too much like a CBR1000. Not ugly, but not nearly as good as the original or the 09-12's. Really don't like the color combos the way they have them on the standard Daytona. They could have done better with the exhaust. I can live with the stock unit on my '10. I would be forced into the Arrow if I bought a '13.
The extra performance without going as crazy as MV did with the F3 on the bore/stroke ratio is always a plus. Switchable ABS - plus.
Definitely like the new wheels, but don't like the new subframe.
It's a mixed bag. Looks like the '10 is going to stay in the stable a while longer.

What I would like to see is a Sprint ST 800 using the Tiger motor with more umphh. Triumph seems to want to compete head to head with BMW lately, they could compete against the F800ST. Well as long as they don't let the same designer come up with the bodywork for it.

#21 ·
I am not crazy about the new subframe either, I hope there will be a lighter and different designed aftermarket one available for race use. I don't care for the little side strips coming off of the lights either, however if I do get this bike it wont stay street very long once it's broken in anyway lol.

I wonder with the ABS feature if the T3 race dash will have to come out with a special one of the different electronics on this bike? The wheels are very attractive, dig the wheels a lot!

Can't wait to see the reviews on this bike, next bike I get for racing will be this or the new 636 but most likely the 675 :)

#22 ·
With as many of us that went through the trouble to paint the headlight interior and then they go and give us the finger and make it impossible with a reflector style light instead of projector?:eek:ffended: No thank you sir.

What drew me to the 675 back in 07 was how beautiful it was, IMO they threw away too much of the aesthetic appeal. I certainly won't be buying the new model.

#28 ·
Yeah, despite my misgivings on the looks I'm still really excited for the reworked 675 engine, and I'm REALLY looking forward to reviews on the track of this thing.

#31 ·
I don't think the frame sliders are on there stock, it's just that they're offered from the factory. They replace those black pieces that lay on top of the fairings.

#33 ·
i'm sorry, i CANNOT TAKE the cyclops eye....unneeded, tacky, conforming to the jap models....and its been a long time since i've seen color schemes that sad, the 2-tone does.not.work. nice little bump on the engine, but really ruined by the aesthetics....i understand the need for a side exhaust, but the front end and the color schemes??? that's the best and brightest at triumph came up with? come on.

#34 ·
Love the engine tweaks and minor performance things... other than that Triumph took a shit on it honestly.

Looks WAY too much like a jap bike now. That stupid single light above the air intake is too much like a gsx-r. The sub frame that used to be awesome looking and hollow now looks clunky and big. Switching to reflector headlights... really triumph?? Pull your head out of your asses.

The side profile of the nose no longer looks pointy and like a dart, it reminds me too much of a big that is round and smooshed up front... I very much dislike the two tone paint scheme. Side exhaust also reminds me too much of a gsx-r.

I'm sorry but I LOVE triumph... I hated the fact that they changed their logo and now that they did this to the Daytona I probably won't buy another one unless I find on sub 08 and lower if something happens to mine... They took the sleekness and the sharpness out of the bike. The sharp angles and lines are now gone. Everything is rounded. Why they did this I honestly don't know but I think it looks like shit. It's sad.

It no longer flows. The wheels I do like, those look nice.

Poor Daytona... :-( Such a beautiful bike and they went and fucked it up copying everything else on the market and incorporating it into this new one...

-Nigel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.