Triumph 675 Forums banner

My race bike build... Also finally decided on which triples!

6K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  firedude 
#1 · (Edited)
I wanted to make a thread on my build and build progress and hope to help people out on things, and also get info and input from people. I bought this bike new in July 2012. It's a 2012 675r, and will be my track/race bike.

Current Mods are (Thanks to TJ at Riders Discount)

Akra full system, yo yo slipper, Attack rearsets, ASV levers, gb case covers, gb spools, gb axle sliders, tech spech pads, Scotts Damper, lightec axle adjusters, Apex Clip ons, 1050 throttle conversion, D.I.D chain, renthal sprockets, Armour Bodies paint, 614 paintworx paint job, Puig windscreen, Race filter, APE cam chain tensioner, Renthal grips.

Here is a picture of its current state..

I have also decided I'm ordering the Attack triple Clamp set from TJ at Riders Discount... There are 4 options of triples I have seen for the 675r.
1. Attack Triples - http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57675&highlight=attack+triple
2.RSR Triples- http://rsracecraft.com/store#!/~/product/category=2532211&id=17081819
3. MOD4 http://imaspecialparts.com/m4rct/
4. Modifying stock triples to work.

In talking with many suspension tuners, ama racers, wera racers, and anyone else willing to talk geometry on the 675's I've come to the conclusion that the Triumph needs to be anywhere from a 28 mm offset to a 32mm offset depending on the rider and the track.

All of these offsets will make the bike handle significantly better, but I didn't want to make an $1100 mistake and pick the wrong set up for me. That immediately eliminated the RSR and Modifying the stock.. My two options after that were Attack and MOD4 because of the adjustability in tweaking it for each rider and each track. Between those it was a no brainer because of the sweet prices through Riders Discount and the data that them and several others have with testing the attacks.

I'm ordering the triples next week and will give everyone pictures, and a full write up after my winter trip to Jennings.. If anyone has any questions, or comments I'm all ears! I've spent numurous hours on this geometry topic and am open to input and ideas!

See less See more
#5 ·
Very nice!
The attacks are pretty sweet i am running them on 2 bikes and barring you having to buy the different inserts for something like $60 a set, they are very well priced.. Just try and decide which you want to start with it.
Have thought about adding these onto my 06 D675, as riding it back to back with my other bikes with the attack triples there is a noticable difference in FLEX in the front end... Personally don't like that.

#7 ·
Well, I'm running a similar set up on my R, but I went with the RSR rear shock link and shock work. Unfortunately , I didn't get any significant set up time last season, so I can't comment on if it was with the $!$$.

I feel that more important is how a set up works with ones riding style. I don't really belive there is a single magic set up for everyone, more about your own comfort level and how u ride.

#10 ·
Are there any links beside the RSR one? Also, I changed to the Flux II plates and have been using on my race bike. $85. The are supposed to more linear then the stock ones and 'push' less on the front. Haven't had any traction issues on the rear all season on both track and race days. Run in front of A groups at NJMP.

TS

#13 ·
Interested in the linkage you mention, but end of new year? Meaning end of 2013 or end of this year - 2012?

Got the Flux II plates on here. Do a search.
HAHA maybe I worded it wrong.. In the next 60 days.. I'm not counting on both, but hoping just 1 pulls through!

Will look, thanks.. I'm new to the triumph and this site, so haven't seen a lot of threads.

#21 ·
Hi, yes I raised the bike back to stock ride height via the ride height adjustment on the Ohlins TTX shock. My shock is the aftermarket one that has ride height adjustment, the 675R version does not have this feature.

TS
Fortunately with Ohlins, items like the height adjustor and hydrolic preload can be added.

Or a poor man's height adjustor (the spacer) can also be added to the top mount bolt.

#24 ·
I stopped over to Motorcycle Preformance Service and couldnt stand the incorrect carbon can removal method so I fixed it the right way. Now you wont have unfiltered air being sucked into the TB's and I elmininated the dumb valve also.

The bike sounds sick dude! Love the exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.