Triumph 675 Forums banner

MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar)

307K views 4K replies 54 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 · (Edited)
MOKANAR (missouri-oklahoma-kansas-arkansas)

Thought I'd start a new thread, as not all of us are from KC. Be nice to have our own header! (hint hint mods)

How much rain you all getting? I have about 3.25" since Thursday night. Raining all day today as well.

#490 ·
With 12 minutes left, Ill take my chances.

When buying my current ride, I was looking at a CTS-V Wagon...Pure Sex.
I was thinking, don't go over $500 to be super-safe, but I would think it would be pretty easy to re-sell on eBay if it didn't work out. Your call though. This would let you buy any other color out there, swap body parts and sell the originals to help recoup the cost of the purple stuff.

#496 ·
Hey man how old are you again?
Shouldnt you be banging some VAG or Ass depending on your preference... worried about carrying people around in your ride, WTF?:whistle:

#502 ·
I'll bet he want's at least $1,000, it's a rare color right now. I'm thinking if you found a Striple in "X" color, you could get about $500 for the donor's parts, maybe a little more depending on how long you are willing to hold out. So basically you sort of need to find an undervalued bike to make this somewhat equitable.

#499 ·
I like having room to take the nephews around. That said, I have been wanting another sports car ever since I sold mine. Perfect solution: Evo X but I need more monies.
Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
:yeehaw:
Sorry man could not help....
What sports car did you have before, wait dont answer that as i am sure i will have to correct you being you more than likley had a sporty car :wannafight:

#504 ·
Make sure you give me plenty of warning - I sold my 5x10 trailer yesterday. I've always wanted something a little lighter and something that the wifey could hook up on her own in case I needed rescued, lol. :whistle:

My boss had just want I wanted, a 5x8 with tilt bed. It needs new tires (ordering tomorrow). It's real dirty in this photo, but it's actually in very good condition. I'm going to scuff it up and paint it black. The tires I'm ordering will come with new silver wheels as well. It has a mesh deck (covered with plywood), I'll either put some new plywood down or do something else.

#512 ·
That will come in handy. Maybe add a wheel chock. I would almost rather have a multi purpose trailer like that if I just had a decent place to store it.

#505 ·
I need something like that. I am taking my bike (that I am yet to purchase but I already have big plans for) to Florida in March. If your trailer goes missing March 7th, have no fear. Ill bring it back the 15th. :whistle:

#508 · (Edited)
Bike week? I was down there last year for work during bike week. Cruisers are about 5 to 1 for sport bikes but I still saw a lot of sport bikes.

....the euro trash.
yea we looked at some Euro trash. :laugh:Thats my wife hiding behind the pole trying to decide between the 430 F1 Coupe and a R8. I was caught between the McLaren MP4 12C and the other 430. Although the Lambo looked good too. After walking through a warehouse full of exotics (even had a Fiskar) they took us out to the back lot, inside barbed-wire fence to see the lowly C300 we came to see. Even that was parked next to a Maserati.
We stumbled into a place that was supposed to be by appointment only, and clearly way above my pay grade. The Benz we came to see was about the cheapest thing there, by a long shot.
Also looked at 3 R8's on the dealer floor where we ended up buying ours. The wheels I bought for ours look a lot like the ones on the black R8.

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#509 ·
Yeah, I am planning on going for bike week. My brother lives in Daytona Beach Shores so it is a "visit familly" trip.

Also no mention of the DB9 in the background with your wife in it and the huge International in the third picture. Those things are monsters...

#510 ·
Yeah, I am planning on going for bike week. My brother lives in Daytona Beach Shores so it is a "visit familly" trip.

Also no mention of the DB9 in the background with your wife in it and the huge International in the third picture. Those things are monsters...
Only had 6 Astons there. Not enough selection to choose from :rofl:
Here's their website
http://www.straightlineautomotivegr...makes/All_models/All_body_types/All_vehicles/

Bike week, might want to check out New Smyrna Beach. A lot of people seemed to be riding to there. It has a small historic district thats kind of cool.

#511 ·
My brother was part of it all last year and said it is a good time. It just so happened to work out that it is my Spring Break that week and I have some vacation time I need to use. Should be an experience to say the least. I wish I had a riding partner so we could ride down. Would be a long lonely trip...

#513 ·
Got the price they were looking for on all the Purple stuff. They want $500 + shipping ($100) which still isnt a bad price but I dont think that I could find one cheap enough to make it work. Damn...

#518 ·
Neanderthal, WTF you sold your trailer? could of sold it to me...

Going to buy something big enough for 2 bikes side by side, and use the pitbull system.. that shit makes it to EASY!

TOM, Lamborghini is the pinnacle of EURO awesomeness.... Would sell both testicles for a gallardo.. hell might even give them 2" of dick if i had to, i should have enough to pee with?:whistle:

#519 ·
Neanderthal, WTF you sold your trailer? could of sold it to me...

Going to buy something big enough for 2 bikes side by side, and use the pitbull system.. that shit makes it to EASY!
I sold my old one for $500 and paid $250 for the new one. Still need to spend about $150 for 3 new wheels/tires and paint it up. The Pit Bull system is great, but then you are left with the bracket on the floor, and you need an adapter for every different bike you want to use. This new one is only 2' shorter but the same width, and a whole lot lighter weight. Easier to move around the yard, easier for J to hook up on her own and cheaper to pull behind a vehicle.

... hell might even give them 2" of dick if i had to, i should have enough to pee with?:whistle:
Argh... :rofl:

#521 ·
#523 ·
It's something to take on to keep your wife from giving you unwanted projects liked fixing stuff on the house. Winter projects usually don't get completed until just before spring, regardless of how few hours it takes.
"Sure I'll replace that leaky faucet, right after I finish my winter project" :whistle:

#526 · (Edited)
Wheel place called. They scratched one of the wheels on the install. :angry::yell::rant::rant: Brand f*cking new, I didn't even open 3 of the boxes f*cking new!
They called a 'wheel guy' to come out and see if he can repair it. They'll let me know late this afternoon. I asked if it was a big scratch or a little one. They said it happened when they were using a centering ring for balancing it so it's all the way around the middle center.
I guess I need to put things in perspective and let it go, but it still ticks me off.

So maybe the wheel guy pretends he can fix it and probably has it a week, maybe it looks OK but I question weather the paint/clearcoat will hold up. Or I see if I can get them to just buy a replacement and have one in 3 days.

#527 ·
I would try and replace it. I used to be in charge of a the Carroll Shelby Wheels warehouse in town. Quality inspections happened all the time and regardless of small or large it was extremely hard to get rid of it completely. Judy my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#528 ·
Yeah, after all the years of having vehciles with nice wheels i expect this sooner or later, but on a tire balancer?

:xscuseless:

#529 · (Edited)
Yeah, after all the years of having vehciles with nice wheels i expect this sooner or later, but on a tire balancer?

:xscuseless:
I haven't seen it and don't want to so that I can give it an unbiased opinion if they do a repair. Meanwhile I sent a message to the place I bought the wheels to see what they would charge for just 1. I hope that if there isn't much difference between repair or replace, they will go with replace. These are cheap OEM knock-offs but I was pretty impressed with the quality.
Whatever happens, it means I won't be driving with the new wheel mounted and balanced till late next week unless I want three of the new ones and one old one. I wouldn't do that because while the rolling diameter is the same, I am moving from a 17x7.5 to a 18x8 wheel.
These are a replica of the 2013 A6 S-Line wheel and similar to some R8 Wheels.

#531 · (Edited)
Thanks. I might not have thought of that.
I called the place I bought them from and they only have 1 set left and do not want to split them up, but they said they can check with one of the vendors they sell to and see if any of them has more than one set and could break up a set. Place I bought them from said they thought it would be several months before they had more of them in.
I searched around by part number and found more of them, but all are sold in sets of 4.
The tire place I went to has an excellent reputation locally so I think they'll try to do the right thing. At least they bothered to call me as soon as there was a problem and let me know it would be later in the day before we know anything.

**Edit- I was on my way over when they called to say their wheel guy thinks he can fix it and he has already left with the wheel. They will take something off the bill. I'm going to pick it up with stock wheels and take it back tomorrow when the wheel is back from repair. Not much else I can do about it. I might see if they will provide some kind of guarantee for the clear coat or something

#532 ·
based off the pic you sent and if they damaged the center ring, it is covered by the cap anyways is it not?
Not that it makes it right but hell, free install/balance if it is not ebing seen anyways, are they painted wheels?

#533 ·
Thats what I thought too but I get the impression that it's beyond the center cap, meaning it would have to be on the spokes. They are machined on the face of the spokes and painted on the sides. Just waiting to hear back after the repair to see what its like

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.