Triumph 675 Forums banner

New Canadian.

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  macbayne 
#1 ·
hey guys. i joined the forum a few years ago when i was in the market for a new machine, and i never posted. i ended up buying a gsxr (bought an 09 leftover for 10k even), and then another one (used race bike), but i am seriously leaning toward a new 675r over the winter for a race machine. i have attached a couple of pics of my current rides. i invite the insults and adulation alike. :whistle:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Welcome!

What's the reasoning for switching to the R over your current ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
a few things really. my current track ride has stock suspension and i currently outperform it, it has no tune but has a slipon that removes the cat (bought that way, and a proper tune is required), and i should really replace a lot of things on it such as bearings, bleeder screws, do valve tolerances, suspension revalving/seals, brake components, and others. the 675r has the same level suspension and brakes that i would uprgade to (not concerned about the brake calipers, but i will definitely take those and the MC and the SS lines are neat), would be a new machine, and all i would really have to do is swap bodywork and safety wire the thing. it is already 10hp up on a 600, and i could immediately sell the new plastics for a lot of offset cash. there is a single/twin/triple raceclass i would like to enter locally, and i get all wet when i look at a daytona anyway. i would be keeping the stock pipe, as one of the tracks i will race at this coming year requires an OEM can on anything under 1000cc.

besides, do i really need to rationalize such a sexy new bike? :laugh:

#6 ·
if by "the 'chuk" you mean stratotech, then it is great given the size of the sport in my area. race city is closed now, but an0ther track is in the works for calgary i and like the prospects, and there is another really nice track that is almost finished here in edmonton (castrol raceway).

#8 ·
Haha yeah... back in the day we called Edmonton Edmonchuk, because of the number of people whose names ended in 'chuk.

It's awesome that there will be three modern tracks you can ride, that's a huge improvement from when it was only Race City. RC was cool if you liked hitting a wall after you crashed.

#9 ·
Welcome. Always nice to see another Edmonchucker join (Yeah, I call it Edmon-chuck too). I'm looking to break my track cherry next year, so if you see a D675 SE looking hopeless in the novice group, come say hi and throw some critiques at me. It'd be nice to actually meet someone from the froum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.