Triumph 675 Forums banner

Triumph Safety RECALL Street Triple, Street Triple 'R' and, Daytona 675

7K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Scottie 
#1 · (Edited)
Triumph Safety RECALL Street Triple, Street Triple 'R' and, Daytona 675
Recall # RM2012/019
Triumph has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain model year 2006-2009 Street Triple, Street Triple 'S' and, Daytona 675 motircycles.
The Regulator/rectifier can overheat and prevent the motorcycle from charging. Once the battery is fully discharged, the motorcycle may stall. If the motorcycle stalls, there is an increased risk of a crash leading to personal injury.

Contact your Triumph Dealer (have your VIN number ready) Don't bug the Dealer without your VIN number.

The Recall coordinator for Triumph is Scott H. Callander

See less See more
#2 ·
Old news brougham

Unless Triumph has a new smaller CC bike :laugh:
Daytona 575 motircycles.

Contact your Triumph Dealer (have your VIN number ready) Don't bug the Dealer without your VIN number.

The Recall coordinator for Triumph is Scott H. Callander

#13 ·
The fuel pump relay deal is not a bad unit it's that the early models didn't have a fuel pump relay at all and the ECU did the switching. Turns out the ECU was not robust enough to handle the strain and it could fry the ECU so Triumph came out with a relay kit and it's an open action that will apply no matter how old the bike is.

#17 ·
Resurrecting another old thread... Reminder to get your recall!

I have an 09 STR and kinda wondered if I had a small problem with my R/R, but never thought too much about it.
Over the winter I installed an aFlasher (recommended!) and it started to flash after I got off the highway (low voltage warning). Has done it a couple times now. I also notice that the idle is a little rough during these times too.
After my ride home today, I stopped my engine to get off and open the garage, and the bike wouldn't start again. I'm glad I'm at home, but what a PITA.

Anyways, I came inside and called my dealership. They ordered a new R/R for the recall, and should be here in 2 weeks. I can't wait. Free upgrade

So if you have a bike which is covered by the recall, just go and do it! Do it before you R/R starts to screw up (which is very likely!)

Also I recommend that you spend a couple $ and get an aFlasher!

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.