Triumph 675 Forums banner

Questions about buying from out of state

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  aerozeta 
#1 ·
Hello,

Quick question. What if I saw a bike in another state and wanted it shipped over? I recall seeing somewhere that there could be (emission) issues when trying to purchase a bike out of state and shipping to California. Is this true? What issues might come up?

#7 ·
if you really want to trick them - just swap airbox covers with someone from CA. they really only look to see if your bike has the sticker saying it's 50 state approved. i pointed the carbon canister out to them and they said nope - we need to see the sticker. :laugh:

#8 ·
I purchased from Cali and brought back to Nevada. It had 5900 miles on it. I rode it back with insurance paper, title and my license.

Registered and transfer title to Nevada, costed under $20 for title transfer. Also applicable registration fees.

It was easy.

I just purchased my 675 last week in Cali, with my NV license and residency. I registered my 675 in Cali thru dealer, no problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.