Triumph 675 Forums banner

WSS Philip Island Results**Spoiler**

9K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  LeeHam 
#1 ·
so the ParkingGo switch paid off in its first race Congrats to them. two Triumphs finished 10 & 11. not bad IMO

Results

#2 ·
Stupid Speed does not run the race until Tuesday and judging by todays sbk races it is still sd on an hd channel. It's so much nicer watching MotoGP in HD.
It was a pretty good start but they are behind in top speed, hopefully they can overcome that and get on the podium a few times. I love watching SBK but the quality of the feed is brutal. Anyone know where I can grab a decent download of the supersport race so I do not have to wait 2 days?:whistle:

#3 ·
It was a bit disappointing for the Triumph to Finish like that since Chaz and Salom from last year finished very descent spots.
But I only started watching WSS last year so maybe Chaz and Salom had a few years to get used to the bike before i started watching.

I definitely was rooting for Chaz though. Too bad about those stupid Pirelle tire issues.

#4 ·
Quarmby in practise. Should get access to the race photos later in the week.

To be fair towards Dell'omo and Quarmby, they are not running the same bikes as Chaz and Salom did. Their electronics are very limited and Quarmby's dad texted home and said they don't even have an option for TC. I think 11th for Ronan is pretty good. He only arrived at PI on Thursday, never been around there before. The Triumphs are being passed on the straight as-if they are standing still, really disappointing.

I really feel for Chaz, he was probably set for a podium before the tyre went. He tweeted that there were defective tyres in the batch, we'll wait and hear what Pirelli says regarding that.

#5 ·
I would have thought they would be able to lap a lot faster than 1.5 seconds faster than what the best australian 600 supersport triumph could run?? The world supersport bikes are a lot higher spec, there using better tyres plus they got a lot more track time.

#13 ·
Loved all the races I could get my hands on, and yes, too bad Baldolini couldn't stay strong, I hope he does better next time.

I was under the impression the ParkinGO bikes never used their traction control (possibly because it was difficult to setup) and that WSS tyres weren't THAT much better than normal race ones, especially since they were supposed not to be slicks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.