Triumph 675 Forums banner

Mallala trackdays

36K views 516 replies 20 participants last post by  Anon 
#1 ·
I thought it would be a good idea to post here all about Mallala instead of starting a new thread on every trackday.....
The next one track day is on 26/27 this month and the other one 10/11 next month.
Anyone is going to be there??

#417 ·
Mallala USED to cater for that sort of racing back when I raced a CB125 in buckets.

But despite opening the buckets class with rules that capped mods and spending to a modest level, in next to no time there were guys racing megabuck, super-modified bikes, ignoring the spirit of the class (and the rules...) and hosing the people who got into Buckets for a bit of cheap fun.

Unsurprisingly, the class died soon after.

Honda H100? Love 'em?

O.B

#418 ·
Mallala USED to cater for that sort of racing back when I raced a CB125 in buckets.

But despite opening the buckets class with rules that capped mods and spending to a modest level, in next to no time there were guys racing megabuck, super-modified bikes, ignoring the spirit of the class (and the rules...) and hosing the people who got into Buckets for a bit of cheap fun.

Unsurprisingly, the class died soon after.

Honda H100? Love 'em?

O.B
Yep they seem to have better controls on mods in the eastern states, and maybe people with more balls in enforcing the rules which has contributed to the class' longevity :whistle:

Honda H100 - ringadingding! and at least I can pull the bike apart and put it back together myself ;-) Got it for $100 in a million bits. And if anyone still has a CB125 or other bucket unloved in the shed I know someone that is looking for one!

#425 ·
So whose going and is anyone up for sharing a shed?

The weather looks ok, chance of isolated showers or thunderstorms. If it does rain (not that it ever does) it should dry up pretty quickly.

It looks like it's a slightly earlier start than usual too?

#426 ·
So whose going and is anyone up for sharing a shed?

The weather looks ok, chance of isolated showers or thunderstorms. If it does rain (not that it ever does) it should dry up pretty quickly.

It looks like it's a slightly earlier start than usual too?
I understand gates open Saturday at 7.30am.

Myself, SV650, Ricardo Rapido and another Race Club guy are going, but I think our shed is already pretty packed - I'm running two bikes and each of the others has a bike each, that's two bays gone, although by all means come looking around sheds in the low twenties if you like.

It's going to be a very busy weekend - all of us racing in two classes and helping out with other stuff - but it should be fun.

O.B

#428 ·
Hey Smiley

I'll be aiming to get there at 8am so hopefully will be early enough (already signed on through the website but will pay on the day, not sure if that means much though). I'll be heading straight to sign in then scroots so will see if I can catch you there.

#431 ·
The Cagiva did gallop off into the distance in the brackets race on Saturday. Seeing so many riders go into turn 1 and 2 in the Reece Bancell is plain scary too.

The Kneescrapers combined with racing seemed to work well, it puts a bit more excitement into a track day. As means of getting people into racing...well..that night I did start looking again at some junkers as a track bike :whistle:

#439 ·
Hazarding a guess it will be ~7.30 for bikes to be on track at 9. The traditional Champions blaming of the long sign on line on the late gate opening will probably also take place.

I'm giving this one a miss given a good outing last weekend and work's Christmas show tonight.

The weather looks to be kind for what is the last Champions day at Mallala for the foreseeable future. Have fun out there!

#441 ·
If you're looking for a tracker, try pickles or manheim auctions. There's a D675 and several Streets going to auction soon. one of them had a red D675 in Adelaide but I can't remember which one off the top o my head.

#443 ·
probably not. Wrecks can be a bit hit n' miss, but you can generally tell by the overall condition of the bike. You might be able to light up the dash and checks the km's so you can compare things like the chain and sprockets, tyres and brake pads.

It looked like that bike had a gentle lay-over in the pics (not that I had a real hard look).

Be sure to check the air intake where it meets the frame to be sure the frame hasn't been broken or damaged. It's pretty common and often hard to see.

#444 ·
Had an awesome day yesterday , my first track day ever and I'm hooked , came off the track buzzing everytime with adrenaline, unfortunately on my very last lap of the day I think I pushed it a bit too hard for my skill leval? Anyway I low sided it on turn 2 , thank fuck for GB crash protectors that's all I can say ! Keen as for the next one.

#446 ·
What a day, awesome! Great weather, really well organised, and very few crashes. The track was in great condition too to top it off.

David I hope Chris has said sorry for running you off the track!! He had no idea you were there. You should have come out for the last session, we went out with the racers! Fast, very fast!:cool2:

#448 ·
What a day, awesome! Great weather, really well organised, and very few crashes. The track was in great condition too to top it off.

David I hope Chris has said sorry for running you off the track!! He had no idea you were there. You should have come out for the last session, we went out with the racers! Fast, very fast!:cool2:
I jumped up in the blue group for the last session and just enjoyed the vacant track might be come a permanent thing from memory my self timed un-official best was a 1.25.8 but was averaging 1.27's all day which im happy with

have to agree it was a fantastic day, sad that champions wont be holding any more.

#466 · (Edited)
Likely I will be there; barring 40+ deg weather.

Chris, if your Ape's run in you gotta give it a go on the track at least once (but watch out, it's addictive)

Beware, I think Ronnie was talking about charging $30/bike instead of per shed as of this year, so might want to take a portable gazebo and park up on the lawn - watch that space get crowded.

#467 ·
Beware, I think Ronnie was talking about charging $30/bike instead of per shed as of this year.
WTF? Triple the price for the exact same thing as the year previous? I hope that includes an attractive female to help me with stands and put my warmers on...

#468 ·
$30 per bike? If thats the case take a garage per bike and make them earn their money to empty more bins, close more doors, take up space so they can't earn more than $30 x the number of garages they have....and hook up a few 2400W heaters for the day.:nothappy: Otherwise that $200 gazebo is looking good....until the day tire warmers are needed

Ridiculous whinging can be done as I've got an overnight flight getting in that morning :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.