Triumph 675 Forums banner

HM / T3 Race Dash

20K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Rink675 
#1 · (Edited)
I saw these advertised by T3 Racing a while back and was sorely tempted....but I managed to resist because I was unsure of reliability etc... Until now!
Whilst I was at the UK Bike Show I found out that the force behind, indeed the development is none other than Gareth Hopkins of HM Quickshifters. Well as you may know I am a big fan of my HM Quickshifter and Gareth has been a 'good old egg' in his support for that product... So now I have plumped for the race dash. I know it wont make me any faster and it is really a bit of 'bling' for me but ooooohh it is nice, well made and works a treat. Gareth really stands by his products so I have no worries about support for this extravagance!
Apparently no other race dash works with the D 675 on its own. Take the dash away and it just doesn't run. Gareth informs me that Glen Richard's race bike had a standard dash taped underneath the race one for his BSS race bike.
Gareth informs me he is still updating software for improved functions so watch this space!

This pic is the unit in 'Race Mode 1'

This is Road mode 1

I've yet to see what all the facilities are like on the road and the weather is rubbish here in blighty at the moment so I'll wait for a clear day or two.

See less See more
#2 ·
MMM pretty, the only thing i don't like about it is the Tach. I've never liked the horizontal digital tach. Just my opinion

#4 ·
It only took about 30 mins to install and by far the majority of that was because I wasn't quite sure how the dash was mounted :whistle:.
Get the old dash off and plug this one in it's place. Obviously using the same connector. It couldn't be simpler.
A nice thing abou tit is if you ever change the bike it will be possible to buy a different backing plate / connector and it can be transfered to your new machine...........that is if you ever decide to sell your 675!!!
HM have a sole distribution for the 675 version with T3 racing so I had to go via Tony Scott's company but I will deal with Gareth if I need any technical support.

#10 ·
It is on the large size isn't it. .........not quite sure where the idea to have it like that came from. I assume there was some feedback from the 675 series...... I'll ask Tony (T3) or Gareth (HM) when I remember to.

#13 ·
Thank you for your useful comments Tony.

#14 ·
Very cool mate :thumbup:

If I had the spare money I'll get one for sure

#18 ·
I was at my dealers today having a coffee and the HM dash subject came up.
Salesman said - "F**k £600 + tax for a dash that's way too much"!
He then asked parts how much a new dash was from 'Trumpet'. "£520 plus tax" was the reply........! Bit of a red face from saleman.

#20 ·
VERY innnnteresting, and well priced for logging and display.
Now to see if the USA HM distributor will carry these.

If you think the MH dash is expensive, go price an Aim1 dash, or better yet an Motec ADL. But take some heart meds first.

#21 ·
VERY innnnteresting, and well priced for logging and display.
Now to see if the USA HM distributor will carry these.

If you think the MH dash is expensive, go price an Aim1 dash, or better yet an Motec ADL. But take some heart meds first.
I was thinking the same thing. This isn't as expensive as some of the other dash packages I have seen for things like kart and formula racing (you named an... extravagant one :laugh:).

And this one you can use with your stock and TUNABLE ECU. You would be getting into tens of thousands of bucks for that level of flexibility in other packages. Programmable ECU + Dash + Data Logging for a bit over a grand?

This bike is so full of win.

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.