Triumph 675 Forums banner

MV Agusta Brutale 800

5K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Allworld 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Seems to me that the 800 is MV's version of an "R" with a better suspension than the B675 but for any company, let alone one that is already on the rocks, to offer the same model with two engine choices so close in size and output just doesn't make any sense to me.

Ducati is confusing enough with the M696/795/796/1100/1100EVO and M1100 "Diesel"....... now that's one ugly Duc .....

Drives dealers nuts and confuses the buyer.......

Fewer/better makes more sense to me so I hope not.

#14 ·
Fake motards, or sporty nakeds, are the big sellers of the moment (only second to the adventure tourers). Logically every manufacturer wants a piece of the pie.

The Diesel Monsters is a special edition, not a new model per se. Believe me, it looks a hell of a lot better in the metal than on photo's. There are little touches all over that really set it apart from a normal 1100.

The MV's look good and I hope that MV will pull it off.

#12 ·
Um..you guys do know its not a new bike right .....

Its just a B675 with a slight CC bump and an adjustable suspension....same bike otherwise......

That is true, however both bikes are new. I ride with a guy who has a 2013 F3, but the Brutale 675 (B3) is still not available. MV, did as Triumph did to create the 800 from their 675, but MV put it in a street fighter. Similarly Ducati created a Streetfighter with the 848 engine. I love my Street Triple, and not sure I want the 1050 Speed Triple, an 800 Street Triple R would be so nice (IMO)

#11 ·
If the 800 brute does well, I can see Triumph entering into the market with their own Street Triple 800, only because they already have a 800 triple engine that probably would just need some more agressive cams and a bit more compression to give it comperable grunt to the brute.

#13 ·
B675 delivery started the beginning of October everywhere but the US. New on the road yes but we have been seeing the design for well over a year now.

You can find the British forum here : http://www.brutale675.com/index.php

To my point, many comments where about its "looks", its looks are not new, it looks exactly like the 675 because it is the same bike.

The Triumph 800 is not just a bored out 675 like the MVA, it has a longer stroke and shares few parts. Its design is well done for a middle weight dual sport but when put up against the Triumph 675 nowhere near suited for a sporting bike. Putting it directly in the Street Triple would be a mistake.

#19 ·
MV Agusta 800 is a stroked 675, just like the triumph 800 is a stroked 675. MV 675 has a shorter stroke & wider bore than the Triumph 675, which is why the Street triple engine has more torque through the rev range than the peakier B3 675 motor. Once both engines are stroked to get 800cc the tables are turned with the MV 800 having a less radical bore/stroke ratio & the Triumph 800 becoming a long stroke plodder. I do agree that it would take more than new cams, pistons & mapping to make the Triumph 800 sparkle enough for it to be fitted to a Street Triple....

On paper MV have pulled one out of the bag with the 800. F3 800 vs GSXR750 vs Ducati 848? Or Brutale B3 800 vs Streetfighter 848 vs Triumph Street Triple & Speed Triple....

#17 ·
Triumph would have to give the 800 tiger motor a makeover, testing a 800 Roadie after getting off my Street, it didn't feel all that powerful, comfort wise, it was great and the handling was good for an ADV bike, but I was hoping for a little more power. If you want more power in a Street, a set of Daytona cams seems the easiest way to get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.