Triumph 675 Forums banner

Just got swindled...

7K views 56 replies 24 participants last post by  absowoot 
#1 ·
Hey guys be careful who you buy from and make sure the seller at least gives you pics of the item and all it's bits and pieces before you buy. I just got swindled for a comp works eliminator from M//drei. Told me the part came off a 2011 675r so I assumed it to be the newer model eliminator. It was missing screws not to mention that the two that I did get with the kit didn't even reach the swingarm. Gave the guy a call and pm and no reply. Watch out guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
no i got swindled its the same guy whos been selling people messed up items. his name is henry li. search up his name and youll find it right away

#6 ·
yea it is. thats how i knew it was the wrong FE. he said it was for the 2011. oh well i guess. cant file a claim with paypal since i gifted the money cant show up at his house and demand a refund or try to work things out since he used a PO box instead of his own address. ive tried contacting him and nothing. guess the only thing left to do is try and sell the mount for A LOT less than i paid.

#8 ·
yea there were a couple red flags i should have paid attention to. just didnt think anyone on this forum would rip others off. it is my own problem and there's not much that can be done.

#10 ·
BTW is paypal name is CBR something something. He fucked me on ohlins forks, took about 2 months to get it all straightened out with paypal. I asked them to investigate/lock down his email, do SOMETHING to keep him from doing business anymore, but they didn't pursue it further. It would be to their advantage to do it too, because they lose out on the transaction cost AND they had to pay (pay pal did) for my return shipping. Oh well >_>

#16 ·
he used a different paypal account email. i just hope this doesnt happened to anyone else on here. he seems to come back with a new username every few months looking for ppl who WTB stuff. He ships from a PO box in rohnert park CA and says he lives in one place, moves to another, then ships from this PO box. trust me guys, its worth it to pay the 4% fee.

#15 ·
yea i know i dont do it either but i gave this guy the benefit of the doubt. sucks for anyone else who got duped too i feel for ya guys. at least it wasnt a more expensive piece like forks or exhaust. ive learned two lessons from this; 1. always notice the red flags like post count and how many places the guy said he was living in, 2. from now on pay the 4% fee on paypal.

#18 ·
yuuuuup. learned my lesson the hard way. :thumbdown:

#21 ·
This is to bad, it is crap like this that makes people not want to help each other out. Fuckin low life.

I am the same with Mac, though I have not bought much off here as I like to support TJ from going into debt........ the few I have, are from people that post on a regular basis and I believe I can trust, and hopefully the same has happened to the guys I have sold to.

#22 ·
I hate to hear that this happens. Post counts aren't everything on here either though i've been a member here for several years but do not post often if at all.

I have a bunch of parts that i'm going to be selling from an old race team, and would hate to think that because i don't post a lot that it would effect my sales.

#25 ·
he sends the item but its either for a different bike or its for your bike but missing parts or not in good condition. the really irritating thing is the asshole keeps coming back. i would really hate for anyone else to get fucked over by this guy. mine was a tiny amount of money but just imagine what he could try to sell next.

#28 ·
Son of a bitch!!! This guy is at it again?!?! There needs to be a sticky saying DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY.

He fucked me over on a Jardine exhaust in the past. Cracked carbon and the midpipe was bent or cracked or something so it was shittily welded back on but advertised it as a perfect exhaust. That little fuck needs a beating

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#31 ·
Holy shit. Man I bought my Jardine exhaust from him in person when he lived in SD. I thought he was ok. Just a tall lanky Asian youngster. He said he was moving up to the bay area. Then I see all the shit coming up before and now its happened again! How can someone keep doing that?! Just think about the others on the other forums hes screwing over. I hate seeing shit like this happening.

#35 · (Edited)
I dont think his an idiot if he won BOTM-LOTT... hes just a scammer, and will never stop until he makes the perfect bike lol, like what he did in LOTT... I think I seen this guy in a Ducati forum, sold a termi exhaust to someone for 2000$ and got a potato.

man, if you see his BOTM, all those expensive items he brought was people he scam with potato items hahaha, what a loser.

if anyone sees his BOTM parked somewhere, scam him back by stealing his bike, teach him a lesson, or just remove a part that was worth the amount you paid him..

punani^^

#33 ·
No one can be that stupid. I may have thought he was ok in person but that's probably because he knows it's kind of hard to screw someone over when they're looking at him face to face. He's a plain scam artist.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.