Triumph 675 Forums banner

T3 Racing Nitron Shock Offer

11K views 59 replies 16 participants last post by  brancart1 
#1 ·
Not sure if u guys have seen this, but its going around all the forums...

"We promised that today we would announce a seriously special offer, so if you're in the market for some very nice suspension for either your Daytona 675 or Street Triple then pin your ears back and listen carefully.
This Friday 22/06/2012 at 6 O'clock we will open our shop to an incredible offer on the Nitron Race Pro rear shock as used in the Triumph Triple Challenge and by Luke Jones in British Supersport (He has been running and finishing in the top six!). For 7 days only you will be able to buy this full competition shock for...... wait for it....... just £328.50 + VAT. That is an incredible 50% off retail! This offer will run until 6pm on Friday 29th and will never be repeated. So if you have been thinking about changing your rear shock for something that works and looks great, this is your 7 days. You don't have to keep this a secret because we will honour any order placed in those 7 days no matter how many, so tell your friends!
You can visit this product at www.t3-racing.co.uk and click on online store so you know exactly where to go at 6pm on Friday, just before you pop down the pub for a pint feeling very pleased with yourself."

Link to shop suspension http://shop.t3-racing.co.uk/performance-suspension-26-c.asp

:thumbup:

See less See more
#42 ·
So checking RT site again input these info

road racing
180 no gear
bike weight 425

recommend rear spring is 10.506kg/mm; stock is 12.6kg/mm

here is a list i can pick from

6st - 8st – 500lb/in (9.0Kg/mm)
8st – 10st – 525lb/in (9.4Kg/mm)
10st - 12st - 550lb/in (9.8Kg/mm)
12st – 14st – 575lb/in (10.3Kg/mm)
14st – 16st – 600lb/in (10.7Kg/mm)
16st – 18st – 625lb/in (11.2Kg/mm)
18st – 20st – 650lb/in (11.6Kg/mm

is it better to go with the closest rate? or should i go with the 9.8 and adjust pre-load to get my settings in range?

what do you guys recommend?
thanks

#43 ·
I assume you'd want to go with the 10.3 if that's what the shock manufacturer recommends in that list since you weigh 12.9 stone, although maybe I'm misunderstanding your question.

#45 ·
thanks for the reply;

so how many people actually got this shock and did you guys get an ETA from them?
i havent gotten an email reply back about ETA.
I ordered on the 27th I believe. No email in terms of shipping. I did however send in my weight and what spring was needed for me. Hopefully the shock comes in.

#50 ·
Yeah I got the email also. I sent a couple follow up emails before hand. They respond within a day or two. Hopefully theres still some riding to be done in mid september. Im still deployed so I cant really be upset.

#53 ·
Taken from here:
http://www.675.cc/675/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11866&start=90

Hi all,

Apologies that I (Nitron) have not been on here more often offering updates.

As some posts have pointed out, each of these shocks are hand built from specific parts. As such, the delay has nothing to do with T3 or their stock level but everything to do with component delivery to Nitron's assembly technicians.

We have been very badly let down. We make all our shocks in the UK but Nitron are not a machining company and we do not machine the specific parts from billet - we have a few aerospace machinists around the country that produce our designs. Obviously there are quite a few parts (non of which are 'off the shelf') that all need to be present for us to build the custom shocks.

We have had severe delays with some components. We have been feeding the updated dates to T3. However, we have been let down by our suppliers. This is not us passing the blame. I understand it is our responsibility and we have been chasing and searching for alternative solutions.

I am now informed that we should receive the remaining parts towards the end of next week (28th Sept 2012). I have already asked that our technicians put in as many extra hours as it takes to have all the shocks sent out in the first week of October.

Again, we appreciate everyone's patience. I hope that with some of the reviews on the shocks now available, the wait will be rewarded. On behalf of Nitron, please accept my apologies.

Thanks,

Mark.

mark.tapscott@nitron.co.u

#56 ·
From 675.cc :) mine will be shipped this week, can't wait!

Good News!

The last remaining components have indeed arrived! I have just returned from one of the build rooms where there are several shocks already complete!

It is our intention to have every shock built and dyno'd (this ensures that the are built exactly as they should be) over the two days.

Again, thank you for your patience and apologies that we were caught totally unaware with regards to the popularity of this offer.

Please feel free to post this message on any other boards to get the info out there.

Some of you may have heard of Dave Moss (from California, USA). There are plans for him to visit Nitron this winter and he has a great offer for 675 owners.... one of his recent videos taken at Thunder Hill in CA....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ctoCibn ... ature=plcp

and the long term test video....

thanks!

Mark.

#58 ·
Mine just got in! I'm just pissed that I have to goto Fallon, NV so I can't put it on till after!! UGGGHHHH!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.