Triumph 675 Forums banner

Storing D675 inside

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  brutus85 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Quick question for the Forum. I am looking to store my bike in my office this winter, as i think it will both look cool, and give me the ability to park my car in the garage over the winter. I was hoping to get some advice on what kind of prep work should be done before i bring it inside.

I think the biggest thing i have read to remove the gas from it. I wanted to see what peoples comments were on this, and also to see how i would go about draining it. Would i be able to syphon more of it out, and then fire it up until it runs out of gas?

I dont want to have complications in the spring so i thought i would ask some expert advise.

#4 ·
My bike has been stored/on display twice for a month in my office lobby. The first time I siphoned out most of the gas from the tank. The second time I forgot and left it there with a full tank. No one ever mentioned any scent of gas or oil.

#7 ·
garaged winter storage:

Startron (or any fuel stabilizer) make sure to ride it through system. some argue for a full tank others for an empty tank. i would think full since moisture cant condensate inside

battery tender (wal mart $25 or less, comes with little plug in thingy)

Put front/rear stand

Lube chain

/ thread

#13 ·
Would i be able to syphon more of it out, and then fire it up until it runs out of gas?
I would advise against ever intentionally running the tank dry. Maybe someone with more engineering knowledge than me can chime in, but my understanding is that fuel pumps are designed to be immersed in fuel. The fuel also serves as lubrication. Running them dry can cause damage to the pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.