Triumph 675 Forums banner

Low profile swingarm spools

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Lion 
#1 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger on some swingarm spools for the Daytona.

I was looking at the Woodcraft slider spools and decided to do and image search to get a better idea of how they would look. Upon doing so, I came to the conslusion that these are just a little too big for my taste.

Anybody have any suggestions on something a little more low profile?

They don't need to be the 'slider' type.

07 Daytona

Much appreciated!

#3 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger on some swingarm spools for the Daytona.

I was looking at the Woodcraft slider spools and decided to do and image search to get a better idea of how they would look. Upon doing so, I came to the conslusion that these are just a little too big for my taste.

Anybody have any suggestions on something a little more low profile?

They don't need to be the 'slider' type.

07 Daytona

Much appreciated!
Maybe its just me, but my woodcraft's aren't that big. Unless i'm look for/at the specifically, i don't even notice them.

#4 ·
#5 ·
No matter what if you are going to run spools you should have axle sliders as the 675 swingarm is hollow and fairly fragile. Falling on spools has a high chance of damaging the swingarm.

As for low profile. The spools have to stick out a fair bit in order for the hooks on the stand to clear the curvature of the swing arm.

#7 ·
Beat me to it. I got lucky and didn't have to replace my swingarm after my crash, but it was close. My bike came with big spool sliders and I just left them and was barely able to pull out the bolt that sheared off. This is what I'm running now. The spool is protected by the sliders now, so hopefully no issues next time.

Driven Axleblock Sliders from TJ and Riders Discount and Pitbull spools from the STG showroom.

#9 ·
Some may scoff at the idea but Harbor Freight sells a reallyinexpensive set that are relatively small. You may have to get the right size bolts (6mm I beleive) but they are just spools for a stand and nothing more. They are no longer on their website but they probably have them in the store.

Also you could get a set of the cheapo ebay ones since you only want them for the stand:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6mm-TRIUMPH...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f1656db59

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.