Triumph 675 Forums banner

Save the date!!!

15K views 174 replies 38 participants last post by  tapcon 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
July 4th and 5th!!!!

More details to come...

#7 ·
Sounds like Hokie is or is about to be a bubblehead.

Cheers from a dolphin-wearer.

The event this thread is referencing confuses me. However, the dates don't conflict with Laconia... so, I might make it a point.

#19 · (Edited)
I will try to be there. It will very much depend on how the Army wants to work that holiday in terms of days off. I'll probably know a couple of months beforehand.

@Louie - I'm at Ft Rucker in SE, AL. If I can get the days off I'd be up for carpooling. The Army would appreciate a buddy team aswell.

#20 ·
I will try to be there. It will very much depend on how the Army wants to work that holiday in terms of days off. I'll probably know a couple of months beforehand.

@Louie - I'm at Ft Rucker in SE, AL. If I can get the days off I'd be up for carpooling. The Army would appreciate a buddy team aswell.
Awesome man, we'll sort it out. Hopefully you can make it. :cool2:

#27 ·
*stretches*

Sucks that you guys don't know as much as I do about the upcoming days... :grin:

#28 ·
*stretches*

Sucks that you guys don't know as much as I do about the upcoming days... :grin:
Let's not start this again... this thread will go 50 pages, ill see to it that it does unless you release some of that info.

#35 ·
Sorry but we have to keep in mind its all about cost/popularity.

2008 - Mid Ohio - 13 members
2009 - Barber - 18 members?
2010 - NJMP - 50 + members
2011 - NJMP - 50 + members
2012 - NJMP 50 + members

I drove out to Mid Ohio (7 hours), and I've driven out to Barber (18 hours). If the next Triumph675.net Track day was out in Utah I'd drive there too, so its not a matter of convenience for the ones setting this up.. its just about the quality of the track day that we can provide for you guys. Thats all we care about. The more members we have at the event, the better we can make the day for you all.

Now that does not mean that NJMP is the only track we are considering, Tom and I have been thoroughly going through many track organizations and tracks themselves to find other alternatives for this year and the years upcoming.

So trust us, we want the whole forum to make it to the official Triumph675.net Track day, but we need to work within paremeters that provide everyone with two days that are all about quality.

#46 ·
I mean there's always the possibility of winning something in the raffle if they do it again......... :whistle:
Mr bodywork.

And if you want the track day someplace else, come up with the money, put up a down payment and have your own private day in 2015...lol

#37 ·
I get all excited when Tom and John ask me out on a date.

My wife isn't so into me hanging out with them on a holiday long weekend. Hopefully I'll make this one, but we'll see how it goes.

That aside, if anyone's even remotely thinking about going to these days, do it. Best I've ever had. Tom and John do it right, and the TPM coaches rock.

#58 ·
While I love open days, the range in experience from novice to the advanced riders and ridiculously fast and insanely good looking racers that just go slow so they don't embarrass anyone (me) is just asking for trouble. :whistle:

Last year I messed around in the intermediate group with Dustin and Kevin, and found that my closing speeds on some riders was very scary. Dustin and Kevin's closing speeds on riders in the same group were also pretty sketchy.

It could work if everyone relaxed on their laps but most are going out to see what they can do on a racetrack, not worry about running into a rider ahead of them.

In the end these days are about making everyone happy, not just one or two groups. I want everyone to have a great time. And keep in mind one thing, this year is a two day event.. That is A LOT of track time even for a normally run day!

#59 · (Edited)
While I love open days, the range in experience from novice to the advanced riders and ridiculously fast and insanely good looking racers that just go slow so they don't embarrass anyone (me) is just asking for trouble. :whistle:

Last year I messed around in the intermediate group with Dustin and Kevin, and found that my closing speeds on some riders was very scary. Dustin and Kevin's closing speeds on riders in the same group were also pretty sketchy.

It could work if everyone relaxed on their laps but most are going out to see what they can do on a racetrack, not worry about running into a rider ahead of them.

In the end these days are about making everyone happy, not just one or two groups. I want everyone to have a great time. And keep in mind one thing, this year is a two day event.. That is A LOT of track time even for a normally run day!
Yeah i felt the same way in intermediate also, the range was kinda crazy. a lot different than a normal red group day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.