Triumph 675 Forums banner

675 Parts Compatibility List

245K views 379 replies 191 participants last post by  scuncknuts 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone have a 675 parts compatibility list they can share? I know things like a GSX-R brake lever and front sprocket fit. Trying to compile a complete list of parts from other Triumph or non-Triumph bikes that fit.

TIA.

UPDATE 7/18/09. Thanks to all who provided inputs and keep 'em coming including any updates/corrections to the existing list.

**DISCLAIMER: Nothing's perfect, use these suggestions at your own risk.

1. Oil Filter: BMW, 2007 CBR600RR, CBR1000RR
Comments: Direct fit.
K&N part number KN-204 fits almost every bike you can imagine including ours!

2. Fuel Pump: Yamaha R1 (2004+), Triumph Sprint 1050.
Comments: R1 fuel warning indicator is in a different place but it's fine for a track bike. Sprint 1050 pump connections identical to D675, but slightly different internal to the tank - fixing plate needs another notch filing in it to orientate the pump in the tank correctly and fuel sensor does not work.

3. Brake Lever: Suzuki GSX-R (2003+ GSX-R750, 2004+ GSX-R600, 2005+ GSX-R1000, 2008 GSX1300BK B-King)

4. Front Sprocket: Suzuki GSX-R 600 (01-07), Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (01-07), Suzuki GSXR 750 (00-07), Yamaha R6 (99-01), Yamaha R5/RD 350, ZX-10

5. Throttle Tube: Yamaha R1, Triumph Speed Triple, Triumph Sprint 1050

6. Fuel Tank: Triumph Speed Triple

7. Front Brake Pads: Yamaha R6 (2006+), Triumph Speed Triple (07-08), ZX-9R F1-2
Comments: Direct fit. ZX-9R F1-2 kawi part number 43082-1290 (has 3 grooves instead of 5).

8. Rear Brake Caliper: Yamaha R1, 03-05 Yamaha R6, 06-up Yamaha R6S

9. Mirrors: Ducati, Suzuki GSX-R, Triumph 955
Comments: Some mods needed. See threads below.
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26130&highlight=ducati+mirrors
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18199&highlight=gsxr
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20287&highlight=gsxr
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9045&highlight=mirrors

10. Clutch Perch & Lever: Yamaha R6 (2001)
Comments: Possibly other model years fit as well. Fine on race bike, may or may not be issue for street.

11. Steering Head Bearings: Yamaha R6 (99-01)
Comments: Probably compatible with other bikes as well.

12. Forks: Honda CBR 600RR (08), Kawasaki ZX6RR (03)
Comments: Honda 600RR is direct fit (may have to use RR axle). On Kawi forks, need to swap out the caliper blocks at the bottom of the forks. Caliper block is different to accommodate smaller axle - but fork tubes, caps and internals are the same.

13. Head Stock: Suzuki GSX-R1000 (05-06)

14. Headers: Triumph Speed Triple

15. Rear Swingarm Bobbins: Yamaha R6
Comments: Direct fit. 6mm bolts.

16. Footpegs: Honda CBR1000RR (04-08), Yamaha R1 (03)
Comments: Direct fit. Other model year Yamaha R1 may fit as well.

17. Front Brake Calipers: Triumph Speed Triple (07-08), Suzuki GSX-R1000, 750, and 600, 06 R6
Comments: Speed triple is direct fit. Suzuki calipers line up fine, but need to drill bolt holes out a little and add spacers to distance radially.
R6: Better Brakes - Finally! - Triumph675.Net Forums

18. Wheels: Yamaha R6 (03-07)
Comments: Mods required.
Trackday wheel options - Triumph675.Net Forums

19. Front Brake Master Cylinder Reservoir Assembly: Yamaha R1
Comments: A near perfect fit. R1 assembly is probably less expensive as well.

20. Clutch Lever: Triumph Speed Triple (04-07), Speed Four (05-06), Daytona 600/650 (04-05), 955i (04-06), Sprint ST/RS (04-07), Thruxton (04-07), Bonneville T100 (06-07), Tiger (07), Rocket III (04-07)
Comments: Direct fit. These are based on comparing Pazzo Lever part numbers, so there may be some variation for OEM or OEM direct replacements.

21. Rear Shock Mounts: Yamaha R6 (99-02)
Comments: Direct fit. Aluminum and about an 1/8 inch lower than OEM 675.

22. Fork Seals: 05 R6

23. Wheel Bearings and Seals: Suzuki, Honda
Comments: Suzuki rear wheel bearings (2 Req, SUZ P/N 08133-62047), Suzuki front wheel bearings (2 Req, SUZ P/N 08133-60047), Suzuki rear left outer wheel bearing - sprocket carrier (1 Req, SUZ P/N 09262-25061), Rear left oil seal - sprocket side (1 Req, SUZ P/N 09283-35028), Front wheel oil seals (2 Req, HONDA P/N 90753-074-003), Rear right oil seal - brake side (1 Req, HONDA P/N 91252-KZ4-003).

24. Crankshaft Position Sensor: Aprilia 450 RXV
Comments: Model year has not been determined as of yet.
A Nice Repair for Defective Crank Sensor! - Triumph675.Net Forums

See less See more
#253 ·
I found out another one: the Daytona '09 Nissin monoblock caliper seals cost an arm and a leg. about 64 euroa set (per caliper that is, at Worldoftriumph.com). At triumph the '09 onwards have a different part number then pre '09.

I took the caliper apart and tried matching with Honda seals, which are Nissin parts.
The following fit perfectly and are exactly the same size:
45109-MA7-006: dust seal ring (€2,25 DavidSilver.co.uk)
45209-MA7-006: pressure seal ring (€3,69 DavidSilver.co.uk)

These work out cheaper AND you can buy them per piece. About 48 euro for a full kit, compared to 128 euro at Triumph.
Maybe there's a kit for the Honda, which can work out even cheaper...

#267 ·
Not only is the fuel pump the same for all 06-13 Daytonas, but it's actually a common style fuel pump used not only by other motorcycle AND automotive manufacturers.

The fuel pump basket assembly is almost identical with the late model Yamaha R6's and Honda CBR 600 motorcycles, except for small things like the fuel level sender and the direction the fuel output nipple is clocked, etc.

Going back to the fuel pump itself, it's so common, it's almost standard issue with late model EFI vehicles in both return and returnless style EFI systems (All 06-13 daytonas have a returnless style EFI system, BTW)

For example, here's a picture of the fuel pump for the Daytona 675.
You can buy it here: http://www.highflowfuel.com/i-8927774-new-intank-efi-fuel-pump-triumph-daytona-675.html

Out of pure coincidence, my 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra came with the same style fuel pump. Granted, the flow capacity may be different in the bike vs. my Mustang, but the design is the same and they are interchangeable.

Here's a picture of the original fuel pump that's standard in most EFI mustangs including mine:

This same type of fuel pump is used in the Subaru WRX and a ton of other vehicles.

As a result, it has tons of aftermarket support. A popular upgrade to support additional power for turbocharged or supercharged applications is a "Walbro 255 LPH pump" which is a drop in design with the same external dimensions as the stock pump.

I had to upgrade to a Walbro 255 LPH pump in my Mustang Cobra after I went past 12LBS of boost and 461 HP (at the wheels). I was impressed by how much the stock 190 LPH pump could handle, even with injectors that were double the flow as the stockers.

Here's a picture of a Walbro 255 LPH pump:

The Walbro 255 used to be as big as you could go before you had to do some serious fuel system upgrades such as an external pump. Then they started making fuel pump baskets with as many as 2 or 3 of these pumps on them and started making higher capacity individual pumps:

A company called Aeromotive makes a "Stealth" 340 LPH fuel pump that will also fit our bikes. This is the biggest, baddest fuel pump you can get that is a direct replacement for the stock piece.
Here's a picture of the Aeromotive Stealth 340 LPH pump:

Granted, there are a few little differences between some of these pumps, as evidenced in the following picture: Stock pumps, walbro pumps, and Aeromotive pumps can come in any of the 3 configurations depending on the OEM application:

Here's the last picture, I promise: This is a stock fuel pump in a side by side comparison to the Aeromotive stealth 340 LPH pump.

Being that a 190 LPH pump is capable of supporting about 450 HP and the 255 LPH pump is capable of supporting about 550 HP (with gasoline) and 350 or 450 (with E-85 respectively), there should be no need to upgrade the fuel pump in case you plan on doing some SERIOUS mods to the bike.

Remember, the fuel pump was designed to also accommodate Brazilian models that run on Ethanol. An ethanol fuel system requires about 33% more flow than a gasoline fuel system because the ideal air fuel ratio for ethanol is about 9:1 compared to 14.7:1 for gasoline.

Since the bikes that went everywhere else in the world have the same fuel pump as those tuned for Ethanol in Brazil, it's safe to assume that there's plenty of extra capacity to support most modifications. The stock pump will be able to support the extra fuel flow needed for a modest amount of boost or even for a wet nitrous system (on gasoline). It'll even support an E-85 conversion (at stock power levels) because it was already designed to run on Ethanol in Brazil.

However, you'll probably need to upgrade the pump if you plan on running E-85 with a power adder. (Which is pretty popular for boosted applications) E-85 is a very popular fuel especially for power adder applications because it has an effective octane rating of roughly 105 and it's cheaper than gas. It's like race gas, allowing you to get really aggressive with the air fuel and ignition timing in the tune.

Sorry for the long writeup, but I felt like this is good information because I don't want to see people getting duped into getting a fuel pump that's designed specifically for the 675, either as a replacement for a failed piece, or as an upgrade to support additional modifications. You can get a much better piece if you look in different communities, just as long as you make sure to find a replacement pump with the same details as the stocker.

I plan on doing an E-85 conversion on my Mustang Cobra, which will require me to upgrade from my Walbro 255 to the Aeromotive 340 LPH pump.

With the extra Walbro 255 LPH pump laying around, I plan on installing it in the Daytona 675, mostly just to prove it can be done, but I also plan on getting it dyno tuned for E-85 as well. Although I know the stock fuel pump will be able to flow enough fuel for an E-85 tune, it'll be good peace of mind to have the extra volume and fuel pressure if needed.

If anyone's swapped pumps for an automotive aftermarket pump such as the Walbro 255, please share some pictures of your setup (and whatever crazy mods you did to the motor to require all that extra fuel)

#273 ·
All 675 clutch levers both for the Street Triple and the Daytona are the same. Standard street triples have their own brake lever that fits other models of Triumphs but not any other 675. Street Triple R has the same brake lever as all Daytonas except the Daytona R. All Daytona R models have the same brake lever regardless of year.

#272 ·
Not sure if this was mentioned in this thread but the K&N HP-1010 will work without any modification it is equivalent to the Purolator pureone PL-14610. I wish I took a picture of it next to the K&N 204 filter which is the OEM size, the 1010 has a lot more surface area. Best thing is you can find it at any parts store since it is a very common filter.

#277 ·
anyone have info on the thermostat and what its interchangeable with? it looks like a standard automotive thermostat.

I tried to see if it would swap out with a small block chevy thermostat, but the SBC has a 55mm diameter whereas the stocker is 52mm. Also, the SBC is slightly too deep to fit within the cavity in the head.

I'd like to use a slightly lower temp thermostat around 170 degrees. Honestly Im not even sure what the factory temp is, but I'm assuming its somewhere around 190 or 195 degrees.

#282 ·
My apologies if it's been mentioned already. A friend got me a set of Suzuki front brake pads, part #59100-23830 which are a direct replacement for the pads in my 12' Street Triple R. Bite/feel so far seems very similar to the stock STR pads.

Suzuki pad(top), STR pad (bottom)